Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

You don’t need a huge stand like the Yellow Wall to create a good display.

You just need fans to create their own flags and 2 sticks, to bring them to the match, and to hold them up.

View attachment 69797

View attachment 69798

Before the North stand expansion is completed hopefully the club will work with the fans and allow the fans to create and make their own flags and 2 sticks, and to bring them into the ground at a designated entrance?

Trevor has shown with a bit of imagination, time and effort, fans can create their own flags and 2 sticks quite easily.

As you know quite a few 1894 flags and 2 sticks haven’t been returned and have been stolen, especially the Pep smoking a cigar design. If fans brought their own flags and 2 sticks they wouldn’t be stolen.

All it needs is for the fans to make the effort, and for the club to work with the fans. It can all come together and be done before the North stand expansion is opened.
You and your bl**dy flags and displays..... :)

I'll never understand the desire to turn our ground into the kop end at miseryside.

Just shows what a broad canon city fans are.

Reactions: PPT

I'll never understand the desire to turn our ground into the kop end at miseryside.

If everyones suggestions on here were implemented Wes have the best atmosphere in the world...

Drum, flags, singing section. It doesn't matter what just get behind it!!! Anything has to an improvement

The alternative is to sit quietly in a soulless, colourless, bland and boring Etihad stadium. I don't think you want to see and hear that do you Dave?

You just need fans to create their own flags and 2 sticks, to bring them to the match, and to hold them up.

View attachment 69797

View attachment 69798

Before the North stand expansion is completed hopefully the club will work with the fans and allow the fans to create and make their own flags and 2 sticks, and to bring them into the ground at a designated entrance?

Trevor has shown with a bit of imagination, time and effort, fans can create their own flags and 2 sticks quite easily.

As you know quite a few 1894 flags and 2 sticks haven’t been returned and have been stolen, especially the Pep smoking a cigar design. If fans brought their own flags and 2 sticks they wouldn’t be stolen.

All it needs is for the fans to make the effort, and for the club to work with the fans. It can all come together and be done before the North stand expansion is opened.

good post that JRB

And i bet there isnt even 1,000 fans there but they would make more noise than any 50k stadium in the prem.

Reactions: jrb

View attachment 69797

View attachment 69798

You’ve provided some of your own pictures recently with the Etihad with our own fan flags… it looked miles better back then.

As you say, hopefully the club will open up some dialogue with fans about the North Stand and our own flags.

On the stolen flags thing - if you ever find out who did it, give me a nudge, I’ll sort the cunts out!

Last edited by a moderator:
The alternative is to sit quietly in a soulless, colourless, bland and boring Etihad stadium. I don't think you want to see and hear that do you Dave?

Help me understand how a few flags on sticks that are popped in the air for a few minutes before kick off improves the 'atmosphere' .

Yes, they look nice, yes they help on an Instagram post, but do those flags sing, chant, improve the noise level one bit?

Or do they b*gger off at 75 mins?

The atmosphere depends on what we are watching on the pitch, the opponent and the importance of the game.

Help me understand how a few flags on sticks that are popped in the air for a few minutes before kick off improves the 'atmosphere' .

Yes, they look nice, yes they help on an Instagram post, but do those flags sing, chant, improve the noise level one bit?

Or do they b*gger off at 75 mins?

The atmosphere depends on what we are watching on the pitch, the opponent and the importance of the game.

I doubt anything anyone ever does inside the ground will ever please you. You’ve become a repetitive and negative stuck record. Thankfully the club and the fans will create a proper home end (without your support) including flags, banners, 2 sticks, an atmosphere, and more clap, clap, clap chants that you’ll frustratingly have to get used to. And when that happens, I’ll be ;-) at you from the expanded North stand, level 2, home end. :-) Hopefully you won’t be stood next to me. :-(

I think we can all agree the real flags hanging from the tiers looked far superior than the shite LED ones we have at the moment. I don't think they particularly improved the atmosphere but it gave the stadium a more homely 'feel' and uniqueness.

I may be wrong but I believe the people that would be involved in organising the flags within the stands are some of those least likely to be leaving on the 75th minute.

I doubt anything anyone ever does inside the ground will ever please you. You’ve become a repetitive and negative stuck record. Thankfully the club and the fans will create a proper home end (without your support) including flags, banners, 2 sticks, an atmosphere, and more clap, clap, clap chants that you’ll frustratingly have to get used to. And when that happens, I’ll be ;-) at you from the expanded North stand, level 2, home end. :-) Hopefully you won’t be stood next to me. :-(
I love the pre match visuals, the evening dance music, more than you will ever know. I also come home from each match hoarse as I sing and shout all day long.

Whereas you seen to only have one view, that we must all be happy clapping, banging drums and waving flags like some shit European team or loserpool . You support in your way, I'll support in mine.

Difference is that I don't post millions of posts about la curva fans with their Instagram displays as if it's the future. Repetitive much?

I hope the club expands to a 2 stand North stand, , but I can't see it, too much loss of corporate income.

What they might say is that they made SS1 a singing section, they even put a standing area in, then they offered cheap seats in SS3 and yet still no singing. Why would they have a 2 tier NS when still no one will sing?

The atmosphere takes care of itself when it needs to.

See you in the cheap seats.

What they might say is that they made SS1 a singing section, they even put a standing area in, then they offered cheap seats in SS3 and yet still no singing.
There most definitely is singing in SSL1, but because it's under the overhang it is very difficult for that sound to spread around the stadium. In an expanded NSL2 we wouldn't have that problem. There's also fairly regular singing in SSL3, though not as consistent as SSL1 but when there is, it's spreads round the ground.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.