Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

Early leavers don’t see any problem with it, otherwise it wouldn’t happen. They don’t care about optics of empty seats or see any need to appreciate the players at the end of the match. That’s probably why they’re so defensive about it. The excuse about traffic is maybe justified, but at the same time I’m sure it’s a habit and it wouldn’t be that different if there was a solution to the traffic issues.

It is what it is now, can’t see it ever changing and I’m sure people will still be on here arguing over it in another 10 years.

Strange as it may seem, the exit gates are never actually 'closed' during games. People can leave the stadium whenever they wish.

You pays your money, you makes your choice.
why
Well said @pirate the silent majority of blues agree wholeheartedly with you

This thread is full of “blues” having a pop at match going blues. Some of these clowns never go to games and some of them are so insecure they like to big up their Superfan status by decrying other blues. Grown men trying to draw attention to themselves on a forum by repeatedly informing everyone that they stay to the end isn’t a very good look.

It strikes me that they must be largely newbie fans who see footy as entertainment like going to the cinema. It doesn’t occur to them that for many match goers the entertainment is in seeing City win and if the points are in the bag with a few minutes left some of these true blues understandably make an early dart.
Last time I looked a few wasn’t 15. We have a shocking home support considering how successful we’ve been. Maybe the club should send out a survey asking why fans leave so early to see if they can help improve this weird apathy we have towards the team.

You must admit though Dave that it’s not ideal for our players to be clapping a predominantly empty ground at full time.

I’ve not seen it happen to this extent at any other ground this season except for Arsenal of all places when we went 3-1 up.

Maybe I’m overthinking the first point because who knows if multi-millionaire footballers give a shit about stuff like that, but I’d wager a handful of them do.
I don’t think the players really care. Not because they are rich but because I don’t think it matters that much to them. I think they like a good atmosphere in the games but I think they know that when a game is over people will leave early. I’ve never heard a player complain about it and we’ve always kept hold of our biggest names.

I watched Spurs tonight who were 1-0 down in the champions league and loads had left before the end.

Early leavers don’t see any problem with it, otherwise it wouldn’t happen. They don’t care about optics of empty seats or see any need to appreciate the players at the end of the match. That’s probably why they’re so defensive about it. The excuse about traffic is maybe justified, but at the same time I’m sure it’s a habit and it wouldn’t be that different if there was a solution to the traffic issues.

It is what it is now, can’t see it ever changing and I’m sure people will still be on here arguing over it in another 10 years.

It's a strange thread to get upset over though. You need to be in the stand to contribute to the atmosphere. I don't go on RAWK or whatever the bin dippers and rag sites are as it would probably piss me off. Likewise I don't seek out threads on here that could do the same.

People don't just leave when the games won either. Everton and Brentford are a testament to that. 75 mins is a stretch but lots left on 80. The Everton game everybody knew there'd be an additional 10 mins+ added on at the end yet still left on 80. It is habit. One fan near me even said out loud 'where are you all going?'. Brentford and Everton were all the more puzzling as we'd just come back against Fulham and grabbed a winner in stoppage time. More stayed against Fulham for some reason yet it was still the same 3 points we were playing for. Do we get those 3 points if we had the same exodus in the stands as the other fixtures? Could we have gained additional points when fans decided they wanted to be somewhere else instead of driving the team on?

If you only miss 5 mins or so I could understand it. When you're not in your seat for close to half an hour each game I liken it to nipping in to see a relative you aren't that fond of just to 'show your face' and say you've been.

Last edited:
Early leavers won't ever change, amf may get worse once concerts are on and transport is even more strained.

we have to accept many home fans live in areas om the outskirts of greeater mamchesrer noth directly im a 3-4 mile range and our roads and public transport system is shite, so people will try to get a bus/tram before the crowds and lack of them or get out of the area before congestion.

it has been an issue for years and parking zones, walking schemes hasn't detered people from driving to games and ultimately whe. a 30 minute drive back to cheshire turns into a 1-2hr one people choose convenience over a final few minutes of football.

better trams to more areas on a match day (an extra station on the train route to victoria where summerbees used to be a decent idea) more parking within a 15 minute walk and taxis on hand and give peopel a better way out of the area at full time may help, but habbits die hard.

It's a strange thread to get upset about on though. You need to be in the stand to contribute to the atmosphere. I don't go on RAWK or whatever the bin dippers and rag sites are as it would probably piss me off. Likewise I don't seek out threads on here that could do the same.

People don't just leave when the games won either. Everton and Brentford are a testament to that. 75 mins is a stretch but lots left on 80. The Everton game everybody knew there'd be an additional 10 mins+ added on at the end yet still left on 80. It is habit. One fan near me even said out loud 'where are you all going?'. Brentford and Everton were all the more puzzling as we'd just come back against Fulham and grabbed a winner in stoppage time. More stayed against Fulham for some reason yet it was still the same 3 points we were playing for. Do we get those 3 points if we had the same exodus in the stands as the other fixtures?

If you only miss 5 mins or so I could understand it. When you're not in your seat for close to half an hour each game I liken it to nipping in to see a relative you aren't that fond of just to 'show your face'.
It definitely impacts the atmosphere negatively and has been one of the main reasons for all the empty seats bollocks as it’s so visible from 80 mins onwards. It’s impossible to argue when Geordies or Leeds fans or whoever comment that it’s piss poor. In that way it impacts how we’re seen as a fanbase. While that matters to some of us, early leavers don’t care and no amount of discussion on here will change it. “They’ve paid for their ticket they can do what they want” (as they so often tell us)

why

Last time I looked a few wasn’t 15. We have a shocking home support considering how successful we’ve been. Maybe the club should send out a survey asking why fans leave so early to see if they can help improve this weird apathy we have towards the team.
Only handful of people leave on 75 mins and it’s none of your or my concern anyway

Describing City’s support as “shocking” makes you sound like a rag or a dipper, are you ?

Only handful of people leave on 75 mins and it’s none of your or my concern anyway

Describing City’s support as “shocking” makes you sound like a rag or a dipper, are you ?
I do wish, regardless of where people stand on this, that someone who is very, very obviously a City fan wasn't accused of not being a city fan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.