Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

It wasn’t even in the top ten CL atmospheres from where I was sitting . Just shows you how different areas of the stadium perceive things.
Same thing every week. If you sit in SS1 it's always going to sound good cause it's a vocal section. Defo wasn't our best CL atmosphere, but I'd say it was on par with PSG last season.

I say this nearly every week, but when SS3 gets going it really can turn an average atmosphere into a great atmosphere

Same thing every week. If you sit in SS1 it's always going to sound good cause it's a vocal section. Defo wasn't our best CL atmosphere, but I'd say it was on par with PSG last season.

I say this nearly every week, but when SS3 gets going it really can turn an average atmosphere into a great atmosphere
Really loud on TV

It wasn’t even in the top ten CL atmospheres from where I was sitting . Just shows you how different areas of the stadium perceive things.
To be fair, 109 was a lot better than expected. Although it did die around the 70’ mark when Fleetwood Mac started.

Was quite good tonight.

Pockets of the stadium sang all game, but the vast majority only joined in with the same songs they always join in with and I always feel like they’re begging for more.

There’s still a real lack of ‘Hey Jude’ and ‘We Love You City’ etc. (which didn’t get a single airing all night) to keep the whole crowd joining in. It felt like it was bubbling into what could have become a whole stadium cracking atmosphere but the songs that everyone like to join in with just fizzled out and just aren’t there enough.

I kept trying with ‘follow follow follow’ and in the second half with ‘Everywhere’ but they’re so difficult to get the majority joining in with them (‘Everyhere’ is a really poor home chant, you can’t really tell if people have stopped singing it so don’t know where to join in with it).

It was absolutely beautiful without a drum ruining a Champions League night… thank you Leipzig fans, thank you a hundred times!

City, if you’re reading, please put a ban on all musical instruments being brought into the Etihad. Games are so much more enjoyable without them!
I think they brought a drum but thankfully weren't allowed inside the stadium with

I'm not completely against people using the lights on their phones. Yes, it's a bit cringe, but it gets quieter fans more engaged with the atmosphere, so it has some benefits.

The kids in the family stand waving their scarves with their torches on actually looked really cool from SSL1... I'd had a fair bit to drink so that could be why.

I can imagine a full stadium bouncing, swinging scarves and torches out - would make an amazing spectacle.

one of best UCL game atmospheres or if not the best. Lower SS was a singing end, songs carrying on and on for minutes rather than 60 songs in 60 mins. Seemed to be a lot more genuine city fans last night rather than lots of fans stood around with hands in pockets or phones in hand. The banging on the steel plate at the back to the beat of several songs kept things going ( is this allowed by the anti drum brigade ? ).

A great poznan ! All in all great night singing.

On leaving ( way after the game had ended of course as i clapped the team off the pitch ) i passed outside a group of 40 or 50 young fans as in about 12yr old, all singing the same songs they had heard in the stadium, looked like they where buzzing. As i got further round to the east stand passed several different groups of younger fans all singing. This shows what the last 12 years have done, the young manchester fans are blue. If this carries on the stadium expansion wont be enough, pop a fourth tier on it owners ! :)

Thanks to @Bilboblue, got a couple spares for SS1 block 115.

Took me right back to the old days. Loads of mixed ages and everyone up for sing, unbelievable atmosphere. Didn't know a couple of the newer songs, but it's like riding a bike.

My lad is desperate to move at some stage.

I genuinely don't think it has much to do with the acoustics when people are up for it like last night?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.