Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

Atmosphere was decent, just don’t get why the club give so many tickets to schools in the family stand for games like these?
Not exactly a “low demand” game, is it?

7000 seats to fill in 3 years. They will be in their early to mid teens by then. The club are looking at the next generation of City fans, not the FOC’s. :-)

Was quite good tonight.

Pockets of the stadium sang all game, but the vast majority only joined in with the same songs they always join in with and I always feel like they’re begging for more.

There’s still a real lack of ‘Hey Jude’ and ‘We Love You City’ etc. (which didn’t get a single airing all night) to keep the whole crowd joining in. It felt like it was bubbling into what could have become a whole stadium cracking atmosphere but the songs that everyone like to join in with just fizzled out and just aren’t there enough.

I kept trying with ‘follow follow follow’ and in the second half with ‘Everywhere’ but they’re so difficult to get the majority joining in with them (‘Everyhere’ is a really poor home chant, you can’t really tell if people have stopped singing it so don’t know where to join in with it).

It was absolutely beautiful without a drum ruining a Champions League night… thank you Leipzig fans, thank you a hundred times!

City, if you’re reading, please put a ban on all musical instruments being brought into the Etihad. Games are so much more enjoyable without them!

From the Colin Bell stand I thought it was another good example of how we as a fanbase unwittingly sabotage our own atmosphere in some games. Whenever the game built to any king of crescendo we lapsed into ten minute drone songs which don’t carry or spread fro behind the goal. Granted, there are always loads of tourists at these games in the other stands which don’t help.

Was quite good tonight.

Pockets of the stadium sang all game, but the vast majority only joined in with the same songs they always join in with and I always feel like they’re begging for more.

There’s still a real lack of ‘Hey Jude’ and ‘We Love You City’ etc. (which didn’t get a single airing all night) to keep the whole crowd joining in.

It was absolutely beautiful without a drum ruining a Champions League night… thank you Leipzig fans, thank you a hundred times!

City, if you’re reading, please put a ban on all musical instruments being brought into the Etihad. Games are so much more enjoyable without them!
Haha. We nearly always read it the same and posted at exactly the same time tonight.

I thought it was very good for 65 mins last night, went a bit flat after Haaland went off but I’ll take that every time if we win 7 0

Five fully grown men in front of me in 327 waving their phones about like it's a boy zone concert, each to their own I guess, atmosphere was great tonight bit flat a few times but that was the nature of the game, overall fantastic must have sounded great on the telly, didn't here much from the away support we drowned them out.
Sounded really loud on the t.v.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.