Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

It's not support though is it. Support in the stadium involves interacting with what's happening on the pitch, even if that's moans and groans if the team aren't playing well. It involves upping the noise when (like we did last night) the team starts getting back into the game.

Dortmund's "support" was being coordinated by three blokes who weren't even watching the game. If the Dortmund team had been wandering around with their hands in their pockets or scoring a goal every 5 minutes, they'd have still been going through the same routine.
My niece aged 30 thought they were brilliant at first, she kept watching their ‘performance’. I said they’re a load of choreographed bell ends, like the chorus from a ‘Glee’ concert. By half time she said they’re annoying her, boring and monotonous. I find them irritating and distracting. Just annoying background noise, like a buzz from your speakers when trying to listen to music. Load of bollocks.

They didn’t even make that much vocal noise, they drowned themselves out with their own drums the bellends

The drum (debate) aside, etc. Dortmund had 500 fans at the front of the away end. The sang more and made more noise than 5000 City fans in SSL1. Nevermind the rest of the ground.

People can slate the Dortmund fans, the drum, the Capo, the cheer leaders, orchastrated songs, the choreography, etc.I get all of that. It isn't for you. You don't like it. Fair enough. But when it came to actual singing, and most importantly supporting the team, when let's be honest, they needed it in a very poor 1st half, there wasn't any or very little.

Watched on tv last night (shit fan) due to family commitments & it just sounded like my lads bedroom when he plays fifa on his Xbox, a load of muffled background noise

Lets be honest our fans are shit. Same as all other English fanbases. Just got shown up by european ultras in our own stadium again and you get the same rinse and repeat bs in the forums about how 'we dont need a drum' and 'we're better than that'
Monotonous and annoying noise for 90 minutes with no feel for the state of the game isn't my idea of a good atmosphere.

Happy for them to win the atmosphere competition last night as long as I don't have to listen to it week in week out.

Worst thing from last night if anything was the amount of people in the singing sections who didn't sing one chant i do get it was hard to sing as the drums did not help the chances of chants spreading around the section but some effort at least would be nice

Monotonous and annoying noise for 90 minutes with no feel for the state of the game isn't my idea of a good atmosphere.

Happy for them to win the atmosphere competition last night as long as I don't have to listen to it week in week out.
Yeah same here.
I really wish we had a better as atmosphere, it's dreadful sometimes.
But I don't like the German style either. Nothing to do with the drum or megaphones - it's like you say that they just kinda ignore the game.
I remember Munich at ours barely stopping some Germanic dirge of a chant when they scored. Like the goal and the state of the game is irrelevant.

Fuck knows what we should do about our atmosphere but I hope we always are watching and reacting to the flow of the game

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.