Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

Worst thing from last night if anything was the amount of people in the singing sections who didn't sing one chant i do get it was hard to sing as the drums did not help the chances of chants spreading around the section but some effort at least would be nice
I think that’s one of the main issues we have. The people in the singing sections don’t sing. It only takes 100 or so to sing at once to get it going. I’ve noticed the east stand corner section much louder though, which is the best for noise

Lets be honest our fans are shit. Same as all other English fanbases. Just got shown up by european ultras in our own stadium again and you get the same rinse and repeat bs in the forums about how 'we dont need a drum' and 'we're better than that'
Add to that it’s just a CL group stage game. City pass other teams to death, keeping the ball, passing the ball around, recycling the ball, which isn’t exciting, so there’s little or no reason or incentive to support the team.

So on one hand we slag Dortmund and other Ultras off, and then we make excuses because we can’t be arsed singing and supporting City.
Whilst 50,000 City fans stand and sit in complete silence for long periods of the game.

Different fan base at these games doesn’t help. So many SC holders do not bother with the cup schemes or even any cup games, whether cost or other reason but CL games in certain areas (SS lower) is much more mixed in the group stages and definitely was last night.

The noise and scenes in our bit after 2nd goal were best at a CL for some time

can’t be arsed singing and supporting City.
Whilst 50,000 City fans stand and sit in complete silence for long periods of the game.
That’s not true though is it ? You’re exaggerating your point to paint City fans in a bad light.

So no need for the faux outrage in future when I point out that you criticise City fans

Different fan base at these games doesn’t help. So many SC holders do not bother with the cup schemes or even any cup games, whether cost or other reason but CL games in certain areas (SS lower) is much more mixed in the group stages and definitely was last night.

The noise and scenes in our bit after 2nd goal were best at a CL for some time
It doesn't help that we now have a stadium of snowflakes, I got pulled up on my language at the last home game of the season for shouting to Gerrard to f off you scouse Cun* and said his Mrs was a sla#,and got pulled up on my language at the Palace 4-2 game

That’s not true though is it ? You’re exaggerating your point to paint City fans in a bad light.

So no need for the faux outrage in future when I point out that you criticise City fans

It’s the truth. It was evident throughout the 1st half, bar sporadic chants every now and again. And into the 2nd half before the two goals. Maybe you just don’t like reading the truth. As I’ve told you before, I have praised City fans when the atmosphere has been good. All the PL home games so far.

Add to that it’s just a CL group stage game. City pass other teams to death, keeping the ball, passing the ball around, recycling the ball, which isn’t exciting, so there’s little or no reason or incentive to support the team.

So on one hand we slag Dortmund and other Ultras off, and then we make excuses because we can’t be arsed singing and supporting City.
Does that include the PL games as well? Because City pass almost every PL away team to death at the Etihad, and we’ve still created a good atmosphere at all the home games so far this season.

Why don't our singing sections have a drummer. Drummers help to get people motivated. The club should help the fans have a drum or drums in the ground.

I think Coldplay would have struggled to sing watching that first half.

Okay, you ready for this, Norwich City have agreed to let a drum in to help with their atmosphere…….

……..the guy on his own is positioned behind a pillar/scaffolding in the corner between 2 stands so he can’t watch the game while drumming away

Google the picture. Bizarre. He seems happy though

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.