Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

Commentators going on last night that it is not like a game at Anfield or Ibrox. Bum licking yet again.

Anfield is a morgue most of the time. Most of the tourist stare at their phones until they score and it is 'Cheer Time'.

Commentators going on last night that it is not like a game at Anfield or Ibrox. Bum licking yet again.

Anfield is a morgue most of the time. Most of the tourist stare at their phones until they score and it is 'Cheer Time'.
Exactly, I bet it was absolutely rocking at Anfield the other night when it was 1-1 for 89 minutes, lol

All the bed wetting cry babies on here slating the atmosphere last night at a relatively unimportant early season group game were nowhere to be seen after the Villa game or the derby or the dippers game or the Real semi last season.

That’s because those games were important and fans were more engaged and so the atmosphere (fucking brilliant at all four games) took care of itself.

If the atmosphere was exactly the same every week like it presumably is for the Dortmund dullards then where’s the fun. If you had Christmas dinner every day you’d soon be bored of Christmas dinner.

All the bed wetting cry babies on here slating the atmosphere last night at a relatively unimportant early season group game were nowhere to be seen after the Villa game or the derby or the dippers game or the Real semi last season.

That’s because those games were important and fans were more engaged and so the atmosphere (fucking brilliant at all four games) took care of itself.

If the atmosphere was exactly the same every week like it presumably is for the Dortmund dullards then where’s the fun. If you had Christmas dinner every day you’d soon be bored of Christmas dinner.
if we couldn't turn it up in them games we might as well all just give up trying to create any atmosphere

The drum (debate) aside, etc. Dortmund had 500 fans at the front of the away end. The sang more and made more noise than 5000 City fans in SSL1. Nevermind the rest of the ground.

People can slate the Dortmund fans, the drum, the Capo, the cheer leaders, orchastrated songs, the choreography, etc.I get all of that. It isn't for you. You don't like it. Fair enough. But when it came to actual singing, and most importantly supporting the team, when let's be honest, they needed it in a very poor 1st half, there wasn't any or very little.
There never is in the CL Group Stage. We’ve played about 34 home games in the CL Group Stage over the years and maybe had two good atmospheres.

As I said on an earlier page, our fanbase seems to think the CL Group Stage is the same level and importance as a third round EFL Cup tie with Yeovil Town.

And the atmospheres are represented as such.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lets be honest our fans are shit. Same as all other English fanbases. Just got shown up by european ultras in our own stadium again and you get the same rinse and repeat bs in the forums about how 'we dont need a drum' and 'we're better than that'
Their four drums were louder than their chants.

Christ how fucking shit would it have sounded if we’d also had drums? They had four, how many would we need, six? Imagine ten drums drumming out two different sets of beats right next to each other for 90 minutes… the rest of the stadium would walk out.

It’d be like listening to the Foo Fighters and The Who on the same stage singing different songs through the same speakers.

You'd have thought the fans would be rocking for 90 minutes after visiting city Square.

we play possession-based football, to control the game, to take the heat out of the opposition, to nullify the threat... so it's hardly surprising to me that the atmosphere is going to reflect that at times. Our 44-touches passing masterclass before scoring against Utd would never produce the same response from the terraces as a 50-50 crunching tackle in midfield that releases the ball to KDB, who then hares forward and delivers a peach of a cross for someone to volley home from the edge of the box.

I thought the atmosphere, especially in ss3 was decent. Plenty of singing and people joining in. Much more then previous group stage games I’ve attended

I’ve never understood how some city fans don’t react to the game at all. A season ticket holder next to me didn’t celebrate either goals and left on 75 mins. He must have a lot of money to waste

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.