Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

Thought it was ok today - always going to get outsung when there’s 8k away fans but we were good at times.

Worst thing today was the early leavers again. Why are you all rushing off? Are your wives really that scary?
It’s not even Strictly season, what’s on a Saturday evening that they have to get home for at this time of year… Britain’s got the X Factor, or wherever it’s called?

No point having a singing section for home FA Cup games. Could see them clapping over there so they must have been singing, but Burnley (like all fans do for domestic Cup games at our place) just completely drowned them out until they all started leaving on about 80 minutes.

That new stand can’t come soon enough, get our singers away from the away fans!

I agree. We are desperate for a proper home end that puts large numbers of city fans in one area. Not having it near the away fans as well.

It’s impossible to outsing 8,000 away fans with what we currently have

Currently sat in the stadium and Burnley fans certainly aren't impacted by the acoustic issues , GOAL HAALAND
There are no acoustic issues in the top tier. They’re literally in the best place in the stadium for atmosphere because of the roof.

It’s why when our fans are in SSL3 they sound so good and are the loudest section of City fans in the stadium these days.

Wasn't bad on tv and the amazing team on the pitch is once again what it's largely about. Burnley sometimes failed to fill their 3k allocation in the prem and today at least half their fans will have seen their first away game apart from v Rovers.

Quality time away from hanging around the local wimpy, woolworths and brand new drive thru blockbusters too.

I agree. We are desperate for a proper home end that puts large numbers of city fans in one area. Not having it near the away fans as well.

It’s impossible to outsing 8,000 away fans with what we currently have
At every ground in the country the most vociferous home fans gravitate to the nearest spot to the away fans so they can intimidate them. If we made the North Stand a singing section you can bet our boys would want to stay next to the away fans. Fair play to Burnley loud and proud.

Genuine question - did you watch the game on the tele or in the stadium?
I watched from East 3 where I heard Burnley fans relentlessly, and loudly, throughout the first half, with the odd quiet patch of City fans.

I also heard them chant 'is this a library?' Which I thought was a fair question.

I watched from East 3 where I heard Burnley fans relentlessly, and loudly, throughout the first half, with the odd quiet patch of City fans.

I also heard them chant 'is this a library?' Which I thought was a fair question.
That is indeed a fair question for the other three sides of the ground. No reason why they can’t sing like the South Stand.

At every ground in the country the most vociferous home fans gravitate to the nearest spot to the away fans so they can intimidate them. If we made the North Stand a singing section you can bet our boys would want to stay next to the away fans. Fair play to Burnley loud and proud.

That’s not true in terms of a home end though. The vast majority of teams have home ends that are the opposite side of the ground

Having away fans next to our ‘vociferous’ home fans has made next to no difference in most games and currently doesn’t work in my opinion.

What we have now is a few blocks of fans split by away fans. We have an opportunity to get up to 8,000 fans all stood up in one huge second tier.

a huge home end tier vs a few blocks, where a couple of hundred people throw v signs. There’s no contest

Ideally we kept what we have now and have a proper home end as well

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.