Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

Thought it was a lot better for early leavers today to be honest. (Although those to the right of me still left on about 70 minutes). I was in the North Stand today for a change so don't know whether that was truly the case or I was just deceived by viewing it all from a different angle and that some areas of the ground are more susceptible to it than others.

Atmosphere itself was about what I'd expect against a side in a lower division to ourselves and taking them to the cleaners.

If we want a better atmosphere which is what this thread is about then this isn't helping because most of them don't sing and record half the game don't really appreciate being called a prick when I'm trying to contribute to an improved atmosphere.
"The problem is alot of them either aren't city fans at all or are city fans from nowhere near Manchester"

Just comes across as a bit weird mate

At every ground in the country the most vociferous home fans gravitate to the nearest spot to the away fans so they can intimidate them. If we made the North Stand a singing section you can bet our boys would want to stay next to the away fans. Fair play to Burnley loud and proud.
There are hardly any stadiums where that’s the case.

Arsenal’s main end is up the opposite end to the away fans, The Stretford End,
Spurs new massive stand, The Gallowgate End, The Kop, The Matthew Harding Stand, The Holt End, that Palace effort, Leeds have two ends for vocal fans, the Gwladys Street… are all up the opposite end of the stadium to the away fans.

"The problem is alot of them either aren't city fans at all or are city fans from nowhere near Manchester"

Just comes across as a bit weird mate
That is a problem though is it not? People that do not have a proper connection to the club aren't going to feel the same passion looks like a lot of them aren't even bothered about what's going on on the pitch having these sort of fans is making our home atmosphere worse and we're Trying to improve it

Couldn't make it today but sounded pretty decent on the box.
Was a decent atmosphere today to be fair from where I were stood anyway was loud round there always is but today didn't feel any worse than any usual league games which is a positive reception for vinny was amazing think he would have loved it poznan wasn't bad either

There are hardly any stadiums where that’s the case.

Arsenal’s main end is up the opposite end to the away fans, The Stretford End,
Spurs new massive stand, The Gallowgate End, The Kop, The Matthew Harding Stand, The Holt End, that Palace effort, Leeds have two ends for vocal fans, the Gwladys Street… are all up the opposite end of the stadium to the away fans.
The Stretford was abandoned years ago by Uniteds top boys who moved initially to the Scoreboard Paddock then later K stand. A large number of Liverpools boys left the Kop for the Annie Rd end. The Leazes end was Newcastles but they then moved to the Gallowgate. Leeds moved to the South Stand from the Geldard end. Lastly many of our boys abandoned the Kippax initially for the Platt Lane but later the North Stand. I am an FOC with my head stuck in the 1970s but still believe a lot of my observations are true.

I watched from East 3 where I heard Burnley fans relentlessly, and loudly, throughout the first half, with the odd quiet patch of City fans.

I also heard them chant 'is this a library?' Which I thought was a fair question.
Yeah the same chant that most away fans shout at most grounds.
What intrigued me is the thought of so many Burnleyites having experienced the inside of a Library.

I tried to get ‘Que Sera, Sera’ going yesterday but nobody joined in.

There are three Wembley chants (^that, ‘We’re on the March with Guardiola, we’re all going to Wembley…’ and ‘We’re the famous Man City and we’re going to Wembley’) and we only sing the worst one of the lot.

Be good to sing all three on days like yesterday though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.