Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

It’s the truth. It was evident throughout the 1st half, bar sporadic chants every now and again. And into the 2nd half before the two goals. Maybe you just don’t like reading the truth. As I’ve told you before, I have praised City fans when the atmosphere has been good. All the PL home games so far.
Fair enough you have praised them in PL games . But is the fact that the atmosphere at PL games is good due to the fact that fans realise that winning league games is very important given the closeness of the title race in most seasons ie there’s more jeopardy involved ?

Whereas in CL group stage games one loss or even two isn’t terminal and thus the atmosphere is flatter.

I think that’s one of the main issues we have. The people in the singing sections don’t sing. It only takes 100 or so to sing at once to get it going. I’ve noticed the east stand corner section much louder though, which is the best for noise
South stand been great this season in the PL just felt so different on wendsday loads of different people aswell. Yh feel when East stand is loud the overrall atmosphere is better as that travels better in other stands than the south stand seems to

Bloody hell the press/media moan about us, UEFA don't like us, the American owned clubs dont like us, 9 premier league wrote to CAS about us. Our fans moan about our fans persevered lack of atmosphere !

Only City !

I dont get this banging on about our atmosphere, when I have been it's been good to great with a few quite games.

When watching games on tv we come across better than the dippers or the rags. Infact its complete bull shit about Anfield. If the dippers dont have the ball it's like a fuckung library. Thus season rags v dippers you could hear a pin drop at times at the swamp.

Stop believing the lying press/media our atmosphere is generally good

There wasn’t an atmosphere for most of Wednesday night, except for the Dortmund fans. It was what it was.

Tbf there were a dozen or so Blues in the much maligned 93:20 trying to get behind the lads throughout the game.

Those chants I did hear didn’t come from the South Stand (which has been greet for the Prem games). The singers won’t need a single stand. That’s the truth of it.

If there were to be a dedicated City end then it would be essential to have have the types of Capos Dortmund, Atalanta etc have. I’ve seen quite a few Atalanta games and they only time they had poor atmosphere was away at the swamp when people weren’t orchestrating the chanting well.

Drums aren’t really our scene but I’m not really opposed to them either.

Different fan base at these games doesn’t help. So many SC holders do not bother with the cup schemes or even any cup games, whether cost or other reason but CL games in certain areas (SS lower) is much more mixed in the group stages and definitely was last night.

The noise and scenes in our bit after 2nd goal were best at a CL for some time

Not sure I agree with this. There’s been plenty of Champions league games with great atmospheres, season ticket holders not being there made no difference to that.

Plenty of premier league games that have been silent as well.

Add to that it’s just a CL group stage game. City pass other teams to death, keeping the ball, passing the ball around, recycling the ball, which isn’t exciting, so there’s little or no reason or incentive to support the team.

So on one hand we slag Dortmund and other Ultras off, and then we make excuses because we can’t be arsed singing and supporting City.
Whilst 50,000 City fans stand and sit in complete silence for long periods of the game.
I totally disagree that you find it boring that City pass teams to death. On the contrary it’s very exciting to watch. How hard is it for a team to actually do this simple thing that City do. I’ll tell you. It ain’t simple. To get every single player onboard to do this is very difficult and it’s an art form that has Mcfc have done to perfection. Lots of love Pep

There wasn’t an atmosphere for most of Wednesday night, except for the Dortmund fans. It was what it was.

Tbf there were a dozen or so Blues in the much maligned 93:20 trying to get behind the lads throughout the game.

Those chants I did hear didn’t come from the South Stand (which has been greet for the Prem games). The singers won’t need a single stand. That’s the truth of it.

If there were to be a dedicated City end then it would be essential to have have the types of Capos Dortmund, Atalanta etc have. I’ve seen quite a few Atalanta games and they only time they had poor atmosphere was away at the swamp when people weren’t orchestrating the chanting well.

Drums aren’t really our scene but I’m not really opposed to them either.Yep pretty dire from our support. If Dortmand can produce an atmosphere like that with so few numbers ..then we can create too. No excuses whatsoever..it was only this type of game or it was only Huddersfield at home.

I think with the dortmund fans it's seems good at the start but after a bit it just blending into the background if you watch any dortmund game probably sing same songs in the same order are fans wasn't good in the first half second half was better when we made subs and we was going at them sliva song sounded loudest of the night

Add to that it’s just a CL group stage game. City pass other teams to death, keeping the ball, passing the ball around, recycling the ball, which isn’t exciting, so there’s little or no reason or incentive to support the team.

So on one hand we slag Dortmund and other Ultras off, and then we make excuses because we can’t be arsed singing and supporting City.
Whilst 50,000 City fans stand and sit in complete silence for long periods of the game.

Quite often on BM after a game when 600 away euro fans out sing 50k of our fans we are shouting drum this & drum that, or its not singing what the ultras do it is annoying, or the best one is we prefer random songs / heat of the moment yet there are times we dont even have that ! Those who slate ultras should cast their minds back to when poznan, basel & celtic came.
It always reminds me of when we played barca in the very early years of UCL games when barca kept possession and battered us at home. I could here lots of fans saying " i wouldnt like all this pass pass possession boring football its crap". I laughed at them and shook my head. Now that we play like that its the best thing ever and i wonder how those fans feel now ?
My point here being is one day we will crank up the atmosphere and make more noise, we are getting there, it has improved for sure. i am not saying there will be a drum but more organised singing, longer periods of singing, more hand clapping tempo songs like "bernardoooo".
At times we are still stuck in the old days of a random song for 10 seconds / 3 different songs at once and more song lyrics posted than we have actual singers to sing them ! We have games where singers cant even be arsed singing as a lot round us stand there in total silence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.