Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

So you think if the entire stand was chanting and singing the concrete situation would stop that being audible?, or is it just a convenient excuse and people will get a realty check when the North stand renovation is over and we still sit in silence 90% of the time ?
You really don't think acoustics matter?

Have you ever noticed that at away days like Leicester and Chelsea where the away end has a huge roof over it, the noise engulfs the stadium.

However at Tottenham, Arsenal and Wolves where you're on the bottom tier it's much harder to make a lot of noise.

This is down to acoustics as its the same set of fans.

In regards to the Etihad, I think our singing section works harder than almost any others in the league, but it really is positioned in the worst possible part of the ground for making noise.

This is so evident when SS3 gets going. SS3 never give nearly as much effort into singing as SS1 however they make an absolute racket when they do sing.

Where I sit in 232, people don't join in with SS1 cause they can barely hear them, but they do join in with SS3.

You really don't think acoustics matter?

Have you ever noticed that at away days like Leicester and Chelsea where the away end has a huge roof over it, the noise engulfs the stadium.

However at Tottenham, Arsenal and Wolves where you're on the bottom tier it's much harder to make a lot of noise.

This is down to acoustics as its the same set of fans.

In regards to the Etihad, I think our singing section works harder than almost any others in the league, but it really is positioned in the worst possible part of the ground for making noise.

This is so evident when SS3 gets going. SS3 never give nearly as much effort into singing as SS1 however they make an absolute racket when they do sing.

Where I sit in 232, people don't join in with SS1 cause they can barely hear them, but they do join in with SS3.
I don't think it matters as much as people think and its not the genuine answer to why we have a poor atmosphere. Prior to the south stand extension when we used to hand over the entire stand to away fans in the cup they would have no issue being loud and coordinated so why should we ?, even the likes of Shrewsbury made it work for them. Moving stands won't be the golden bullet to solve our problems like people think it will but if we Labour under the illusion it's the stands fault then we will lose focus on what else we can do to improve it.

I don't think it matters as much as people think and its not the genuine answer to why we have a poor atmosphere. Prior to the south stand extension when we used to hand over the entire stand to away fans in the cup they would have no issue being loud and coordinated so why should we ?, even the likes of Shrewsbury made it work for them. Moving stands won't be the golden bullet to solve our problems like people think it will but if we Labour under the illusion it's the stands fault then we will lose focus on what else we can do to improve it.
We can all agree that the main aim is for the whole ground to sing in Unison. Those songs are always going to be started from a singing section, it's the same at every ground in Europe.

The problem we have is that SS1 is too quiet. Once again I'm not having a go at anyone in SS1, they sing their absolute hearts out, however the location of SS1 makes the sound come across as more of a murmur in the rest of the ground.

Even though a much smaller number in SS3 sing, it makes a much crisper noise throughout the rest of the ground which everyone can clearly hear. This is what causes the rest of the ground to join in with SS3

I thought the atmosphere was great yesterday, but I'm on the corner where the south stand turns into Colin Bell.

There you go.

To a man those in SSL1 thought last night's support and atmosphere was good or great. Those not in SSL1 or watching on TV thought it wasn't good or great.

I'd City had a stadium like Leicester's, one continuous tier, and with a low and flat roof all the way around the ground, the atmosphere would be great.

There you go.

To a man those in SSL1 thought last night's support and atmosphere was good or great. Those not in SSL1 or watching on TV thought it wasn't good or great.

I'd City had a stadium like Leicester's, one continuous tier, and with a low and flat roof all the way around the ground, the atmosphere would be great.
Just saying…

Not with the away fans in the top tier. I’m sure it will be another game where the singing area think it’s a good atmosphere but the away fans are singing “Is this a library”.

There you go.

I was actually a little bit surprised to see people complaining, to me it was top 20% of the season. When I clicked on the thread I thought it was going to be people saying how much fun they had. Really is funny how different the perspective can be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.