Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

Maybe a daft question but..how come the whole ground can seemingly stand up to do the Poznan in unison quickly by sight yet songs don’t spread at all well around the same areas of the ground ?
Blue Moon does.
The best team in the land does.
Come in City does.
Hark now hear does.
Oh Kevin De Byuyne does.

But they hardly get sung.

Maybe a daft question but..how come the whole ground can seemingly stand up to do the Poznan in unison quickly by sight yet songs don’t spread at all well around the same areas of the ground ?

That’s visual, the other is hearing. And it’s also fun. The kids love it.

You really don't think acoustics matter?

Have you ever noticed that at away days like Leicester and Chelsea where the away end has a huge roof over it, the noise engulfs the stadium.

However at Tottenham, Arsenal and Wolves where you're on the bottom tier it's much harder to make a lot of noise.

This is down to acoustics as its the same set of fans.

In regards to the Etihad, I think our singing section works harder than almost any others in the league, but it really is positioned in the worst possible part of the ground for making noise.

This is so evident when SS3 gets going. SS3 never give nearly as much effort into singing as SS1 however they make an absolute racket when they do sing.

Where I sit in 232, people don't join in with SS1 cause they can barely hear them, but they do join in with SS3.
Our singing section couldn’t be in a worse place in the stadium.

I thought the atmosphere was great yesterday, but I'm on the corner where the south stand turns into Colin Bell.
That area was noticably good yesterday. Could see people singing a lot there when normally I don’t notice it from there.

Even the fans in the SSL1 away end were joining in with the chants. They normally sit down and don’t sing much.

No singing but love simple things like this the fans reaction do when KDB slips the ball through the Alverez the loud "come on"

This is the biggest thing that creates an atmosphere.

Songs are neither here nor there when a full stadium give it all the the ‘COME ON’s ‘FUCK OFF’s ‘YYYEEESSS!’s ‘OOOOHH’s ‘BOOOOOO’s… to be honest.

Two of our greatest ever atmospheres at the Etihad have hardly had any singing. It’s all about being involved in what’s going on in the game.

This is the biggest thing that creates an atmosphere.

Songs are neither here nor there when a full stadium give it all the the ‘COME ON’s ‘FUCK OFF’s ‘YYYEEESSS!’s ‘OOOOHH’s ‘BOOOOOO’s… to be honest.

Two of our greatest ever atmospheres at the Etihad have hardly had any singing. It’s all about being involved in what’s going on in the game.
Assume you’re talking about Liverpool and Spurs?

Those two games certainly had singing, a lot of it too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.