Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

Even when Burnley fans were questioning us being quiet, I could hear fans in SS1 singing just sound wasn’t moving up wards

it got better in 2ndhalf

It’s been mentioned on numerous occasions that the ‘concrete’ overhangs all the way around level 1 have a negative impact on the atmosphere and noise spreading around the ground. The concrete overhang acts like a muffler, dampening the atmosphere and noise. If the concrete overhang wasn’t there and SSL1 stopped at SSL2 a few metres higher, SSL2 would be able to hear SSL1 clearly. Likewise, SSL1 can’t hear SSL3, even though people who sit in SSL3 say they create a great atmosphere up there.

My partner sits on SSL2, block 215, to the right of SSL1 and above 111/110, and she can’t hear SSL1 unless all SSL1 are singing. But she can hear the away fans on SSL3 clearly as they are above her.

We’ve just got to live with the current situation until the North stand is expanded and we get 10,000 City fans on level 2 or whatever the capacity is, which hasn’t been confirmed yet.

It’s been mentioned on numerous occasions that the ‘concrete’ overhangs all the way around level 1 have a negative impact on the atmosphere and noise spreading around the ground. The concrete overhang acts like a muffler, dampening the atmosphere and noise. If the concrete overhang wasn’t there and SSL1 stopped at SSL2 a few metres higher, SSL2 would be able to hear SSL1 clearly. Likewise, SSL1 can’t hear SSL3, even though people who sit in SSL3 say they create a great atmosphere up there.

My partner sits on SSL2, block 215, to the right of SSL1 and above 111/110, and she can’t hear SSL1 unless all SSL1 are singing. But she can hear the away fans on SSL3 clearly as they are above her.

We’ve just got to live with the current situation until the North stand is expanded and we get 10,000 City fans on level 2 or whatever the capacity is, which hasn’t been confirmed yet.
So you think if the entire stand was chanting and singing the concrete situation would stop that being audible?, or is it just a convenient excuse and people will get a realty check when the North stand renovation is over and we still sit in silence 90% of the time ?

So you think if the entire stand was chanting and singing the concrete situation would stop that being audible?, or is it just a convenient excuse and people will get a realty check when the North stand renovation is over and we still sit in silence 90% of the time ?
There's been people on this thread who sit in other stands saying that they can see SSL1 singing/clapping but can't hear them.
That is 100% down to accoustics.
The only other possible explanation is that SSL1 have been miming their chants all season.

There's been people on this thread who sit in other stands saying that they can see SSL1 singing/clapping but can't hear them.
That is 100% down to accoustics.
The only other possible explanation is that SSL1 have been miming their chants all season.
They do sing but only half hearted and probably less then 50% of the time , that's not accouistics and won't be solve moving to the opposite end of the stadium.

Not much point singing in the concourse while the terraces are silent
There isn’t. But you can’t aim that at SSL1 in the last two games. They sang all game in both games.

They weren’t heard much yesterday because they were drowned out by double the numbers above them but you could see them singing all game, they did sing some songs or some songs for too long which sucked the life out of the atmosphere around the rest of the ground against Leipzig but they did sing all game.

Reactions: jrb
So you think if the entire stand was chanting and singing the concrete situation would stop that being audible?, or is it just a and people will get a realty check when the North stand renovation is over and we still sit in silence 90% of the time ?
It’s not a convenient excuse. It’s fact. I don’t make excuses.

Most of the chants that start on SSL1 start beneath the concrete overhang or along the concrete overhang and then spread slowly to other parts of SSL1.

I stated in the post that my partner can hear the chanting on SSL1 when everyone joins in the chanting, so the noise and singing does carry and spread.

I really wish people who don’t stand on SSL1 would come and stand on it for a couple of matches and they will know what those of us who stand there are on about.

I thought last night was pretty decent on SSL1, especially the 2nd half. Loads of chanting, noise, support, the Poznan started there, etc. But those of you on SSL2 and SSL3 wouldn’t hear or see that if you were in your regular seats, taken up by the away fans.

It wasn’t quiet for 90% of the match last night. Neither was RBL. Neither will Liverpool be.

There isn’t. But you can’t aim that at SSL1 in the last two games. They sang all game in both games.

They weren’t heard much yesterday because they were drowned out by double the numbers above them but you could see them singing all game, they did sing some songs or some songs for too long which sucked the life out of the atmosphere around the rest of the ground against Leipzig but they did sing all game.
Correct.

They do sing but only half hearted and probably less then 50% of the time , that's not accouistics and won't be solve moving to the opposite end of the stadium.

Yes it will.

If the relocations are done properly by the club, a new singing section, a new youth section, and getting City fans together who want to sing will have a massive impact on the general atmosphere inside the ground.

Had to listen to that shite for 20-30 minutes while kept in at the swamp after they beat us in the 2010 League Cup semi. It should never, ever be played at the Etihad.
That chant has absolutely no relation to United other than they might have sung it a few times, it’s a Wembley chant, our fans have sung it in the past.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.