Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

I don’t agree mate. Hamburg for me is the best atmosphere I’ve heard at the Etihad. I was in the north stand level 2 and I’ve never heard a noise like it. My ears were ringing.

I think the ticket prices made the difference. There were large groups of city fans all stood together
That's what I remember about Hamburg. It was a cup game and tickets sold out in an hour or two. Back then there was no cup scheme so it meant that buying tickets, all at a fiver, was a free for all and every corner of the ground had groups of viciferous blues. Instead of all the songs starting in the same area and often spluttering aroung they were starting all over the stadium and mainly from the back, under the roof, so they boomed around quickly. And we hadn't developed the addiction to the concourse clappy songs then either, so it was non stop hands in the air anthems.

That's what I remember about Hamburg. It was a cup game and tickets sold out in an hour or two. Back then there was no cup scheme so it meant that buying tickets, all at a fiver, was a free for all and every corner of the ground had groups of viciferous blues. Instead of all the songs starting in the same area and often spluttering aroung they were starting all over the stadium and mainly from the back, under the roof, so they boomed around quickly. And we hadn't developed the addiction to the concourse clappy songs then either, so it was non stop hands in the air anthems.

Was it only £5?! I thought it was £5 concessions and £15 adults, but either way a bargain. I remember getting in about 5mins before kick off, with the queues at the turnstiles being huge because of the UEFA no alcohol rule. Took a lot longer than usual to get in and was just buzzing inside and it didn't stop. My heart was pounding. They were a very good side but we rattled them despite conceding first and going down to 10. Hit the woodwork a fair few times at the end, just wasn't to be. I'm sure I'm misremembering some of it, but I've never heard blue moon echo round the way it did pre-game. No PA cheerleading it either.

Istanbul Istanbul we are coming!

Was it only £5?! I thought it was £5 concessions and £15 adults, but either way a bargain. I remember getting in about 5mins before kick off, with the queues at the turnstiles being huge because of the UEFA no alcohol rule. Took a lot longer than usual to get in and was just buzzing inside and it didn't stop. My heart was pounding. They were a very good side but we rattled them despite conceding first and going down to 10. Hit the woodwork a fair few times at the end, just wasn't to be. I'm sure I'm misremembering some of it, but I've never heard blue moon echo round the way it did pre-game. No PA cheerleading it either.

Istanbul Istanbul we are coming!
It was £5 and you could buy six, so people were buying for their families or mates, in areas which are normally season ticket holders only. That made a big difference.

My first euro game this too. Lost the tie I remember but still a class atmosphere. Martin Jol's Hamburg weren't a bad side at all too.

Liverpool 2019 was easily the best atmosphere we've produced at the Etihad. It was better than Hamburg.

I've been to hundreds of games across the UK and Europe. I've been to Anfield on a European night. I've watched derbies in Athens. Been to Germany half a dozen times etc.

I honestly think that game in 2019 is the best atmosphere I've experienced anywhere... the crazy part is we didn't really sing that much either!

When we're on it, we're as good as any set of fans. It's the inconsistency that's the problem.
Yep. Shocked the mickeys that day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.