Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

Worst ever atmosphere for a derby and I’m not usually a moaner here at all when it comes to City.

Even when we made it 4-0, half South Stand level one had gone to the bars. When the ht whistle went it was 60/40 empty in there. It was still half empty 10 minutes into the second half with zero atmosphere. Might be the first time ever I’ve seen the Family Stand louder and more full than the opposite end.

Totally a surreal day that’s for sure. Buzzing about the win but totally confused about the support lol.
So the root cause is because it takes too long to get a beer at half time. Wish they would sort it out.

Was very quiet just as the second half started and it probably affected the players as they didn't seem to be 'on it'.
Other than a few quiet spells I thought the atmosphere seemed great from over in CB.

Helps if you have away fans , but they had urgent appointments to attend after 40mins

Screenshot-20221002-181800-2.png

Worst ever atmosphere for a derby and I’m not usually a moaner here at all when it comes to City.

Even when we made it 4-0, half South Stand level one had gone to the bars. When the ht whistle went it was 60/40 empty in there. It was still half empty 10 minutes into the second half with zero atmosphere. Might be the first time ever I’ve seen the Family Stand louder and more full than the opposite end.

Totally a surreal day that’s for sure. Buzzing about the win but totally confused about the support lol.
With the greatest respect, that's is shite. East stand was rocking, the stadium was rocking, it was empty for 10 mins as it took so long to get served, but the noise today was fantastic.

City's fan base is now like United's, Liverpool's, PSG's, Barcelona's, Real Madrid's, etc.

Thankfully we'be still got a local and loyal hardcore, but it's getting replaced slowly by tourists and day trippers.

I saw a tourist wearing a Zulu headdress, something like this, but with a smaller feather outside the main the CBS.

View attachment 57193
Mate I’ve been going for 30 years don’t appreciate you taking the piss out of my head dress :)

City's fan base is now like United's, Liverpool's, PSG's, Barcelona's, Real Madrid's, etc.

Thankfully we'be still got a local and loyal hardcore, but it's getting replaced slowly by tourists and day trippers.

I saw a tourist wearing a Zulu headdress, something like this, but with a smaller feather outside the main the CBS.

View attachment 57193
He thought he was meeting up with the Birmingham City Zulus, but put the wrong postcode in his sat-nav !!

Reactions: jrb

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.