Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

Not a brilliant atmosphere considering the result but there were various factors. The result was never in doubt for a start. The late goals flattened it off just when it would normally build to a crescendo. As always, the big loud songs started in the top tier of the south stand. The singing areas sang quite a bit but it was mainly the too fast clapalongs which won’t spread, and there was a lot of different songs going on in different areas.

It’s very noticeable now that the derby match is far from our biggest game of the season (unless it’s right at the business end) and beating them is fairly routine now. Always nice of course but hardly unexpected.

HelloCity.

It wasn't the worst ever atmosphere for a derby. Stop exaggerating.

I’ll rephrase. It was the worst ever atmosphere for a derby we’ve won. Like Dave just mentioned there are reason for it though, although it was strange that the south stand lower tier was half empty when Foden scored. Maybe I just underestimate how many people prefer a drink to the match!

Worst ever atmosphere for a derby and I’m not usually a moaner here at all when it comes to City.

Even when we made it 4-0, half South Stand level one had gone to the bars. When the ht whistle went it was 60/40 empty in there. It was still half empty 10 minutes into the second half with zero atmosphere. Might be the first time ever I’ve seen the Family Stand louder and more full than the opposite end.

Totally a surreal day that’s for sure. Buzzing about the win but totally confused about the support lol.
Absolute bullshit

Not a brilliant atmosphere considering the result but there were various factors. The result was never in doubt for a start. The late goals flattened it off just when it would normally build to a crescendo. As always, the big loud songs started in the top tier of the south stand. The singing areas sang quite a bit but it was mainly the too fast clapalongs which won’t spread, and there was a lot of different songs going on in different areas.

It’s very noticeable now that the derby match is far from our biggest game of the season (unless it’s right at the business end) and beating them is fairly routine now. Always nice of course but hardly unexpected.

Well put tbh. Agree that it doesn’t have the same feel to it that the recent big (Liverpool) games have had. Probably how they used to feel about playing us. Having said that the atmosphere when we played them at the back end of last season was excellent but there was probably more tension due to it being the run in.

I didn't think it was as bad as some games this season where everyone else has said it was fantastic and I've though to myself afterwards fair enough but seemed shit, I'm up in CB Level 3 now and I'm sure the sound doesn't always actually 'get out' of the SS, I've been there in previous seasons and it always felt much louder being in and amongst it, up on CB Level 3 you tend to get weird looks for even raising your voice at times, I still do it mind.

Nonsense.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.