Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

Atmosphere not helped by -

Somewhat after the Lord Mayors show (arsenal game last midweek)

Midweek game against much lower ranked opposition

West Ham took the full allocation but only filled half of it and were extremely quiet for away fans

The tempo of the team was slow, missed KDB’s pace

West Ham defended deep and quite effectively

Shouldn’t you be busy scouring the papers and going pink right now?

Just accept it Dave.

Nothing against you, but you’ve spent all season flogging this clapping guff to death, and it’s had no effect on the terraces. Whether you like it or not the fans want to sing the new chants, that includes clapping and making different noises.

As for me, I’ll sing anything, old and new, which does happen in most home games.

One thing I did notice tonight. It took the South stand
2 stand up for the champions chants to get the rest of the ground standing, joining in and singing along. The first chnat was totally ignored by the rest of the ground. There was no clapping involved in either attempt.

People want new songs though. Songs they see on social media and want to join in with.

That'll never happen if we're only allowed to sing the old school stuff.

By the way, the atmosphere in ESL1 was dire tonight. Must've been about 10 people in my block that were willing to sing or get involved.
It’s not just about being new. It’s the style of song. Johnny Stones has only taken off this year but because it doesn’t involve clapping and multiple verses it takes off. It’s simple and slow and everyone joins in as soon as it starts.

When we played arsenal and Bayern there were all kinds of different songs spreading round. Tonight we had ONE Blue Moon.

Nerves, frustration, etc, during parts of the 1st half. It will be like that now until the end of the season. We’re human, not robots.
I thought before the game that our heavy legged performance vs Fulham, Arsenal’s win last night, the Bellingham downer and a few top players missing might combine for a nervy night on and off the pitch and so it proved.
The big mouthed moaning tosser behind me was tearing into the team again.
I left a bit early as I’m a shift worker and have an early start tomorow. I missed Phil‘s goal and the GoH for Erling but thems the breaks.

Atmosphere not helped by -

Somewhat after the Lord Mayors show (arsenal game last midweek)

Midweek game against much lower ranked opposition

West Ham took the full allocation but only filled half of it and were extremely quiet for away fans

The tempo of the team was slow, missed KDB’s pace

West Ham defended deep and quite effectively

Correct.

The guard of honour was something I’d expect to see in the Bundesliga: manufactured bollocks. Guards of honour are (rightly) reserved for teams / people that win things. If/ when Erling picks up a trophy , then we can have all the tunnel shite we had tonight. Reminded me of when Klopp made Liverpool do that bowing / holding hands shite he’d been used to doing at Dortmund. They’d got a last minute equaliser at home to Bournemouth; Milner standing perplexed wondering why they were doing it. Same for me tonight. I’ll cheer him if / when we win something. And I also hate the fact the pre premier league records seem to be totally forgotten. If he’d beaten Dixie Dean’s record, fair fucks. He’s only just over half way. Embarrassing.
He’s not beating Dixie Dean’s league record of 60 but he’s in with a chance with his overall record of 63. With a maximum of 9 games left it’s certainly possible.

I thought before the game that our heavy legged performance vs Fulham, Arsenal’s win last night, the Bellingham downer and a few top players missing might combine for a nervy night on and off the pitch and so it proved.
The big mouthed moaning tosser behind me was tearing into the team again.
I left a bit early as I’m a shift worker and have an early start tomorow. I missed Phil‘s goal and the GoH for Erling but thems the breaks.

I was going to go early as I’m up at 3:45am for work. But I decided to stay along with many in SSL1 who carried on singing until the final whistle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.