Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

It was a bit below average, but really it’s a Wednesday night game against mediocre opponents, I do wish people who can’t be arsed going would refrain from calling out match going blues, it’s an expensive hobby for us, sometimes the dynamic is just not there sometimes it is, but I still enjoy the experience of being there

The guard of honour was something I’d expect to see in the Bundesliga: manufactured bollocks. Guards of honour are (rightly) reserved for teams / people that win things. If/ when Erling picks up a trophy , then we can have all the tunnel shite we had tonight. Reminded me of when Klopp made Liverpool do that bowing / holding hands shite he’d been used to doing at Dortmund. They’d got a last minute equaliser at home to Bournemouth; Milner standing perplexed wondering why they were doing it. Same for me tonight. I’ll cheer him if / when we win something. And I also hate the fact the pre premier league records seem to be totally forgotten. If he’d beaten Dixie Dean’s record, fair fucks. He’s only just over half way. Embarrassing.

Sorry to be a **** but it was West Brom , up the fucking blues

The guard of honour was something I’d expect to see in the Bundesliga: manufactured bollocks. Guards of honour are (rightly) reserved for teams / people that win things. If/ when Erling picks up a trophy , then we can have all the tunnel shite we had tonight. Reminded me of when Klopp made Liverpool do that bowing / holding hands shite he’d been used to doing at Dortmund. They’d got a last minute equaliser at home to Bournemouth; Milner standing perplexed wondering why they were doing it. Same for me tonight. I’ll cheer him if / when we win something. And I also hate the fact the pre premier league records seem to be totally forgotten. If he’d beaten Dixie Dean’s record, fair fucks. He’s only just over half way. Embarrassing.
/R/A/G/.

It was you would expect tonight, decent in parts quiet in others. Had there been any jeopardy as the 2nd half progressed then the atmosphere would’ve ramped up several notches.

I agree with the earlier poster about the appalling PA announcer, he’s like a comedy caricature of what a northern football fan behaves like. It’s all about him he thinks he’s the star of the fucking show. He deserves a good kicking every bit as much as Hugh Ferris did.

It was you would expect tonight, decent in parts quiet in others. Had there been any jeopardy as the 2nd half progressed then the atmosphere would’ve ramped up several notches.

I agree with the earlier poster about the appalling PA announcer, he’s like a comedy caricature of what a northern football fan behaves like. It’s all about him he thinks he’s the star of the fucking show. He deserves a good kicking every bit as much as Hugh Ferris did.
Yes , it’s like listening to an episode of Phoenix nights, Shhhhabbba

Like the players on the pitch. Did enough, nothing more. Never going to be lively against a west ham side with fuck all to play for. Today was just getting the job done, we expected to win, we did, theres nothing to get too over the top with, too early for that.

leeds will be livelier because it's Saturday 3pm,they've got survival at stake and were 2 game closer but I suspect it will be largely similar atmosphere unless we are either smashing them to pieces or its tight. Chelsea could provide a chance to seal the league, That will be buzzing if so.

Who gives a damn whether it was a guard of honour or not ? Can’t you just accept it for what it was? His teammates choosing to recognize his goal scoring feats in public. Most premier league goals ever in a season and we’re not even done yet. Thought it was brilliant myself and shows how together the team is right now.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.