Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

Just accept it Dave.

Nothing against you, but you’ve spent all season flogging this clapping guff to death, and it’s had no effect on the terraces. Whether you like it or not the fans want to sing the new chants, that includes clapping and making different noises.

As for me, I’ll sing anything, old and new, which does happen in most home games.

One thing I did notice tonight. It took the South stand
2 stand up for the champions chants to get the rest of the ground standing, joining in and singing along. The first chnat was totally ignored by the rest of the ground. There was no clapping involved in either attempt.
Nothing posted on here has any effect on anything mate but it doesn’t stop us posting our opinion. You’ve been angrily searching the internet avidly for insults and oversights every day for years as far as I can see and I doubt that has had much impact on the media.

With regards to your last paragraph I have no idea what your point is.

I thought the atmosphere was fine tonight but you know what the biggest atmosphere killer is?

The fucking PA announcer, he’s making a mockery of us with his fucking cheese week in week out, season in season out. Cannot stand the bloke and I’ve seen videos on Instagram of him doing it and jumping around beaming like he’s done something special.

Fucking hell. It was worse than I thought.

Latest video “record breaker”

Reactions: jrb
I know but I’m going to keep on pointing it out when it happens.

We’d finally gone 1-0 up, there was a buzz around the stadium and we instantly got a five minute version of that new song. It killed the moment completely.
Why don't you start another one then? I enjoyed it

You can't win on here. Usually it's why are they singing Gerrard slipped now it's you can't sing about newer players

I thought the atmosphere was good in the south stand tonight

Nothing posted on here has any effect on anything mate but it doesn’t stop us posting our opinion. You’ve been angrily searching the internet avidly for insults and oversights every day for years as far as I can see and I doubt that has had much impact on the media.

With regards to your last paragraph I have no idea what your point is.

No I haven’t Dave, you’re just making that up.

I post what the media report.

You just post about clapping songs.

Seriously Dave, move on. The new songs are here to stay. The old songs will be sung when our older support start them and our younger support join in, in-between the new songs.

BTW. There’s a new United chant. The younger fans were belting it out in the 2nd half on SSL1. Can’t remember all the words, but it will catch on. There was no clapping involved. :-)

Last edited:
Was in CB L2, atmosphere was... meh first half, mainly just frustrated with the way the first half went. but could hear the south stand trying to get things going

2nd half was much better, think nerves had relaxed and people could get into it a bit more

From the family stand I would say SS1 worked hard tonight, Kippax Corner I thought was unusually quiet
In my first and maybe only appearance in the Tunnel Club, the Kippax Corner were much louder than South Stand Level 1. I think the acoustics has some affect on the volume heard in different parts of the ground.

My contribution to the atmosphere was leading the chants of come on city thst skread around d the ground after Pep demanded that the fans turn up the volume.

Thought it was ok in 315, nowt special but ok.

Se were never going to match the arse game.

The tempo of City's play didn't help in the first half either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.