Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

If the 'armchair ' supporters who are sat at home on their comfy sofas watching via a dodgy stream, posting critical comments about the atmosphere (during the game no less) are so bothered about it - then why not get off your fat arses, pay £70.00 for a ticket and take the time, trouble and effort to actually go to the stadium mid-week and support the team? That way you can show those of us who have actually gone to the considerable expense and effort to get to the game just how it's done. Plenty of tickets available for last nights game, so no excuses on that front. Basically, put up or shut up. The only embarrassment about the fans are you lot of moaning whingers.
Could not have put it better myself

This thread really shows the difference in opinion you can get depending on where you sit.

SSL1 was absolutely brilliant. Had a great time and no voice today! The whole of level 1 seems to be getting better (rather than just 116/115/114). Makes a big difference when the songs spread right round to 119/120.

I appreciate it's harder for the rest of the ground to join in clapping songs. But there are no excuses for sitting in complete silence. You can still cheer/boo/whistle/shout and generally SUPPORT the team (rather than spectate). Singing is only a small part of what makes an atmosphere! For the record we did try and start a few classics. For some reason they didn't get going.

First home game for me since March through being abroad,I'd worked a long shift yesterday and was really knackered.
My match day mood has swung all over the shop by stopping drinking 2 months ago so i witnessed it all totaly sober.
1st half the atmosphere a bit dull but to be expected but once we scored it well picked up.
Kudos to the lads further along from us at the back.of 314-315 that were trying their best during the second half.
Thought it was well decent .

There were always going to be early leavers last night. 8 pm KO and 3-0 up.

I know people have their excuses. But let's call a spade a spade... it's shit support. The club should come up with incentives that reward fans who stay behind. They should also work with the council to improve public transport options. I'm not sure anything would stop the habitual early leavers at this point though. They just can't help themselves...

There are also the fans who stampede towards the exit the second the referee blows his whistle. Another 2/3 minutes (while the players leave the field) are hardly going to affect your journey. What's the rush?

the atmosphere has improved by its biggest percentage this season, it has picked up. A lot of young fans have come in and carry on the songs from the back.

Heard on the radio after the game atmosphere was a bit flat in the first half, even some of our fans said similar, pep keeps commenting. Totally disagree, while the first half wasnt as good as the second, it was still quite good. We have an atmosphere that reacts to the game, odd moments of frustration maybe in the first half. Second half cant complain at all, as good as anywhere.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.