Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

“Our fans were amazing from start to finish. Hearing them sing ‘Blue Moon’ in the tunnel, the deafening atmosphere as we walked out onto the pitch to a sea of blue, the Poznan as we waited for the match to start on the pitch, it was incredible and, in my opinion, helped us score after 13 seconds." - Ilkay Gundogan

Lol which one is it?
I know a lot of people like to come on here and have a go at the singing sections for only singing clapalong songs, but you've got to be able to admit when one of these becomes a classic which everyone in the ground can sing along to.

Both follow follow and best defence in Europe started as shite which nobody knew, but as the season has gone on they've become fantastic.

Surely you can see this

I know a lot of people like to come on here and have a go at the singing sections for only singing clapalong songs, but you've got to be able to admit when one of these becomes a classic which everyone in the ground can sing along to.

Both follow follow and best defence in Europe started as shite which nobody knew, but as the season has gone on they've become fantastic.

Surely you can see this
I love the new songs. I think the chat about classics Vs new songs is basically only relevant in this thread, people will sing what they want to sing and on the big games the atmosphere takes care of itself. Songs only become classics through big moments and big occasions (eg the pair you mention).

I have to admit I am a big fan of singing the classics, but one of the highlights of the season has been the new songs. Really added to the atmosphere at matches like Bristol, Bournemouth away and definitely brought a lot more fun to matches.

Its gripped me so much I listen to Fleetwood Mac everyday in the car. Still the loudest chants are always Blue Moon, Hey Jude, best team in the land etc. Think to make an impression against the Inter fans we will need full participation and the songs instantly recognisable. So plenty of classics Saturday.

FANS AT WEMBLEY WERE AMAZING, WE NEED YOU AGAIN IN ISTANBUL! - GUNDOGAN​

“Our fans are going to be so important for us again this weekend, as they always are,” he said.

“You only have to look at Saturday’s match at Wembley to show you how vital they are to our performance.

“Our fans were amazing from start to finish. Hearing them sing ‘Blue Moon’ in the tunnel, the deafening atmosphere as we walked out onto the pitch to a sea of blue, the Poznan as we waited for the match to start on the pitch, it was incredible and, in my opinion, helped us score after 13 seconds.

“To score that early was an unbelievable feeling and it felt like a reward for how amazing our fans were. Now we need them again in Istanbul.

“From the moment we wait in the tunnel, as we line-up on the pitch and during the whole game, we need that positive noise again. We know our fans will be there for us and we will give everything to make them proud.”

Reactions: Itd

FANS AT WEMBLEY WERE AMAZING, WE NEED YOU AGAIN IN ISTANBUL! - GUNDOGAN​

“Our fans are going to be so important for us again this weekend, as they always are,” he said.

“You only have to look at Saturday’s match at Wembley to show you how vital they are to our performance.

“Our fans were amazing from start to finish. Hearing them sing ‘Blue Moon’ in the tunnel, the deafening atmosphere as we walked out onto the pitch to a sea of blue, the Poznan as we waited for the match to start on the pitch, it was incredible and, in my opinion, helped us score after 13 seconds.

“To score that early was an unbelievable feeling and it felt like a reward for how amazing our fans were. Now we need them again in Istanbul.

“From the moment we wait in the tunnel, as we line-up on the pitch and during the whole game, we need that positive noise again. We know our fans will be there for us and we will give everything to make them proud.”

He's spot on, no nerves from the fans, just do everything to get this trophy back to the Etihad...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.