Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

You again

You weren’t at the Etihad then in 2019 when after Sane’s goal there was virtual mass hysteria for 10 or 15 mins. Pissed all over that yesterday.

Crowds react to events in games.

You again

You weren’t at the Etihad then in 2019 when after Sane’s goal there was virtual mass hysteria for 10 or 15 mins. Pissed all over that yesterday.

Crowds react to events in games.
Yes, me again! If you don’t like what I post, don’t read it, or put me on ignore.

I was at that match.

I stated Liverpool’s atmosphere at Anfield was no different or better than our atmosphere at the Etihad.

The only time the atmosphere was good yesterday was after Liverpool scored. Fact! I was there. I joined in with…. “where’s your famous atmosphere‘ on numerous occasion when Liverpool fans were stood and sat in complete silence.(considering it was their cup final)

The rest of my post was about the difference and layout between the Etihad and Anfield. Anfield is a football stadium first and foremost, which has kept it’s core shape, whilst being expanded, on-going. The Etihad was originally an athletics stadium, even though it has been expanded, it still doesn’t lend itself to being a proper football stadium. The shallow L1 tiers, and shallower and smaller L2 tiers, with concrete overhangs muffling the noise and chants below, as well as the high roofline, which doesn’t help keep the noise in. That’s why City and their architects designed the SL3 roof to try and keep as much of the the noise in as possible.

My post had nothing to do with Liverpool having better support. They didn’t until they scored. Even that only last 10 minutes before they went quiet for the last 5 minutes of normal time and 6 minutes of extra time.

If the match would have ended 0-0 Liverpool’s support would have been slaughtered. It may not have come across on TV, but City’s support out sung Liverpool’s support on numerous occasions throughout the match.

Last edited:
To a large extent the atmosphere is always going to depend on where you sit. Certain parts of the ground are just more subdued than others. And tbh in my experience some of the more subdued parts of the ground are full of long term ST holders of mature years who quietly enjoy the match in their own way and probably feel like they have nothing to prove. Then you can go in another part of the ground that's full of long-term ST holders of mature years who let rip.

If City has an atmosphere problem I don't think it is an excess of tourists or plastics - if you look around at your average game the crowd is overwhelmingly either local or long term fans who travel. It's just that some people just will not shout or sing and they were just as quiet at Maine Road but we had other things to worry about then so we weren't thinking about it.

I don't know if folk set in their ways can suddenly be coaxed into singing after years of keeping quiet, but getting more songbooks to the kiosks would help and I feel parents like myself raising the next gen of 'legacy' fans must do their bit by having a shout and a sing so the kids feel comfortable vocally getting behind the team.
Folks set in their ways won't change, it's the young fans we need to target, just like the old Kippax, thousands of young lads singing. Cheap tickets for say under 20's, cost is a big factor

Yes, me again! If you don’t like what I post, don’t read it, or put me on ignore.

I was at that match.

I stated Liverpool’s atmosphere at Anfield was no different or better than our atmosphere at the Etihad.

The only time the atmosphere was good yesterday was after Liverpool scored. Fact! I was there. I joined in with…. “where’s your famous atmosphere‘ on numerous occasion when Liverpool fans were stood and sat in complete silence.(considering it was their cup final)

The rest of my post was about the difference and layout between the Etihad and Anfield. Anfield is a football stadium first and foremost, which has kept it’s core shape, whilst being expanded, on-going. The Etihad was originally an athletics stadium, even though it has been expanded, it still doesn’t lend itself to being a proper football stadium. The shallow L1 tiers, and shallower and smaller L2 tiers, with concrete overhangs muffling the noise and chants below, as well as the high roofline, which doesn’t help keep the noise in. That’s why City and their architects designed the SL3 roof to try and keep as much of the the noise in as possible.

My post had nothing to do with Liverpool having better support. They didn’t until they scored. Even that only last 10 minutes before they went quiet for the last 5 minutes of normal time and 6 minutes of extra time.

If the match would have ended 0-0 Liverpool’s support would have been slaughtered. It may not have come across on TV, but City’s support out sung Liverpool’s support on numerous occasions throughout the match.
Why would I block you, differing opinions are what forums are for.

Definitely agree with your last paragraph. The sheer childishness of sky producers in trying to perpetuate the myth of the anfield atmosphere was on show throughout the match. At one point you could hear the Bernardo song get going and really start building to a crescendo, drowning out one of their chants until Sky faded the Bernie song right down almost as though we’d stopped singing. Truly pathetic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.