Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

Can’t help but feel these songs are sung because it makes them feel more ‘hardcore’. They kill the atmosphere because the rest of the ground can’t join in.
Can’t even hear it in SS3. There was a Haaland song going on up there but it was flat as a pancake today. Not to mention the 10,000 plus empty seats by full time

Brighton only seemed to have one song “Albion” to the tune of “Murderers” but crucially everyone seemed to join in, probably cos they knew the words. Take note City singers.

At some point about a decade ago our singing section decided that “Sergio Sergio” wasn’t good enough and so they’d sing an overlong song about him that most people still don’t know the words to. This was the turning point …. out went short pithy songs to be replaced with verbose inaccessible songs ….. the ridiculously needless 2nd Zaba song, the absurdly long 60,000 empty seats dirge, etc etc and here we are ten years later and most of the ground can’t join in cos they don’t know the words to the majority of songs that the singing section start.
Brighton sang their version of ‘Voulez Vous’ for Caceido quite a lot n’all.

it was killed by the south stand with their incessant clapalongs right from minute one. The first song after kickoff was “empty seats” and the second was “Edin Dzeko” and the third was “singing the blues”.

Exactly. Me and you sound like broken records, but the south stand just don’t sing any/ if many of the classics that others will join in with. It’s killing the atmosphere at times.

Why are some obsessed with singing about Dzeko, but never sing classics like we love you city!

I couldn’t make it today, so arguably I’m part of the problem ( just can’t afford it every week anymore) but I do really wish it would improve. We play the best football in the world, we should savour these times.

Some kid in SS3 started a great Haaland chant. Got a few in 317/8 singing it.
Never heard it before

What can you do with a big Norwegian
What can you do with a big Norwegian?
Can't stop him from scoring!

Erling Erling Haaland
Erling Erling Haaland
Erling Erling Haaland
Can't stop him from scoring

Sung to the tune of What shall we do with the drunken sailer.

Not heard it before and it was catchy and simple enough to take off pretty well.

... was flat as a pancake today. Not to mention the 10,000 plus empty seats by full time
Wow, at least! I'd say 30k empty seats tbh, certainly more than half. Even had to highlight (mitigate) the embarrassment of full-time empty seats to my rag supporting brother-in-law, despite a full house at ko.
He must be softening in his old age, said at least it's just your fans - our players are leaving before full-time..!! Take a bow, cr37...

Never heard it before

Erling Erling Haaland
Erling Erling Haaland
Erling Erling Haaland

Not heard it before and it was catchy and simple enough to take off pretty well.
I was wondering what the words were. Top of 317/318. Can see that catching on as quite a few were joining in. For all the singing section are pretty shit at singing, for me, the ground comes alive when SS3 are on it and today they weren’t. SS3 tend to stick with the ones everyone knows. Stand up for the Champions, Invisible Man etc. Everyone around the ground was a bit lethargic today. Maybe the flat performance also had something to do with that.

Wow, at least! I'd say 30k empty seats tbh, certainly more than half. Even had to highlight (mitigate) the embarrassment of full-time empty seats to my rag supporting brother-in-law, despite a full house at ko.
He must be softening in his old age, said at least it's just your fans - our players are leaving before full-time..!!
You may be right. I was trying to be kind with that guess! It was a lot anyway.

Never heard it before

Erling Erling Haaland
Erling Erling Haaland
Erling Erling Haaland

Sounds alright but we’ve already got a Haaland song, the unbeatably simple “Haaland Haaland” - it was the only song that gained any traction at all today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.