Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

Still way too many people stood with their arms crossed in ssl1 that’s for sure. But from my perspective the ‘lectures’ are a backlash from being blamed for not singing the right songs/too many clap alongs etc on here. It’s better than nothing and even tonight when we get the classics going no one gets involved. It’s clearly not working the best but at least we’re giving it a go
Plenty of songs being song in East Stand Level 1 tonight. Just not enough peole going on. It’s the same around the ground.

I always find it strange people complaining about the clap along songs since They were the forte of the North Stand, back at Maine Road.

Maybe if people bothered to learn the words to the songs that would be half the problem solved.

Also, this I can’t sing on my own mularkey. If that’s people’s attitude then it’s going to be difficult to improve the atmosphere. Admittedly, I’d had a few pints at the weekend with my solo in 209 of, “Can you hear them calling my name....”

I was in 104 tonight and it was decent. Not great by any stretch of the imagination. The Israeli guy next to me joined in with loads of the chants.

I think it’s about time the people in SSL1 stopped lecturing everyone else in the ground about atmosphere. The 50 1894 guys are great but the rest of the stand are no better than the rest of the ground.
I think they‘re as frustrated with some of the others in that stand as anyone, but genuine question why not move for the odd game? Surely contacts in the club could sort this if they wanted to try it?

We may as well get used to this in cup games because unless the club do something radical, this is here to stay .

It's down to the design of the South stand.
The obvious thing to do would be to give an extra vertical block down. But because the way the stand is partitioned behind the stand that is not really possible.

So we give the visiting club two thirds of the area where most of our vocal support comes from. I'm in SS1 and we simply could not compete with that away section tonight.

Can you imagine the effect of the rags giving 2/3rds of the Stretford End up or liverpool giving up the Kop,for a cup game. It would never happen.

The club need to start thinking about an uninterupted North stand similar to the one at Spurs full of rail seating top to bottom. Move the family stand to SS1 and 2 only. The present family stand is to large anyway IMO. Leave the away fans where they are and that will keep GMP happy.
City fans need to give up this obsession with being next to away fans. Those who can't break away can stay in level three and spend most of the game swapping insults.
To add to Arsenal, Bristol City, Port Vale, Chelsea and Liverpool have all come to our stadium in domestic cups and made more noise. I long for something like the Kippax.
If you disagree, by all means tell me why.

Plenty of songs being song in East Stand Level 1 tonight. Just not enough peole going on. It’s the same around the ground.

I always find it strange people complaining about the clap along songs since They were the forte of the North Stand, back at Maine Road.

Maybe if people bothered to learn the words to the songs that would be half the problem solved.

Also, this I can’t sing on my own mularkey. If that’s people’s attitude then it’s going to be difficult to improve the atmosphere. Admittedly, I’d had a few pints at the weekend with my solo in 209 of, “Can you hear them calling my name....”
That’s it just if the extra person or 2 around a singer joined in it would carry much more

Was expecting a good atmosphere tonight, given that it was our first Friday night home game in a long time, and because of the opposition. It was really flat though for most of the game. I’m in the Family Stand which is never the loudest at the best of times, but was noticeably bad tonight. Literally none of the people who are normally sat round us were there tonight, for whatever reason. Fuck it though, we’re through to the next round so not going to grumble.
Same in 101, only half the regulars and their seats mainly filled with gooners it seemed. Always going to be difficult to get an atmosphere with that scenario.

Own goal giving them a full top tier. Can't fault their support sounded banging. City need to split away fans somehow for cup games

Yes, this is always going to happen in the FA Cup. It’s got worse since we extended the stand upwards because of the roof. It’s literally a worst case scenario. Vocal fans spread around with no roof. Away fans booming it out and drowning out any sound they do make. Because of the poor acoustics the vocal fans have got into a rut where they have to clap to get a song heard around them but they are the songs that won’t spread. The ground has a lot of people who will join in with songs but we get like two Blue Moons, three Cone on Citys and two Best Team In the Lands and they spears around but and rest of the dozens of songs sung are dead ducks: the wrong song at the right time or the right song at the wrong time.

All is not lost. I retain my belief that we aren’t just a quiet fan base. The ground just needs one voice, one leader, one area to sing the right things at the right times. It can still happen with a new singing area. We have a ground with a lot of potential but a mess of a layout.

I think they‘re as frustrated with some of the others in that stand as anyone, but genuine question why not move for the odd game? Surely contacts in the club could sort this if they wanted to try it?
I think there needs to be a vetting process to get the singers in the new singing section of the expanded North Stand.

I sit all over the ground. If people chose not to sing it’s up to them. It would just be better if we had a passionate atmosphere

So mad how atmosphere feels different depending on where you sit. Went in 236 tonight with my lads for the view, wasn’t expecting too many would be up for it but was pleasantly surprised. Some really good up for it guys in there tonight - singing and chanting throughout, just generally making a noise, keeping up with the south stand in a way that showed a north stand singing section has real potential imo. Obvs a cup game and Arsenal so some special circumstances but it was dads who looked like regulars giving it most so a good sign and proof as always that it only takes a few willing to work together to create a vibe.

I felt relieved we didn’t let ourselves down as blues were massively outnumbered on the tram we were on into the ground, full of Arsenal casuals in their twenties singing and banging the tram in unison like their lives depended on it, up there with the most passionate and vocal away support we’ve seen this season. Well done those blues who got behind the lads. CTID.

It was so bad in the first half that I was wishing for a dortmund style drum or even a fecking vuvuleza at points just so we produced some kind of noise. So many new faces tonight but that combined with 8,000 cockneys full of it meant it was hard to get things going in level 1 even though pockets were trying throughout. Still, at least the arsenal fans didn't spit on us all or chuck pints of coins at us...so that's something

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.