Etihad atmosphere

im not saying they will all want to sing. they wont be the same people, the majority of family stand people will move out allowing people who want to stand to go in there. your honestly telling me having 5,000 more standing fans wont be better than having family stand. we could have two standing/singing areas, even if its not that loud it will be an improvement on now. you dont need 8,000 fans singing all game just a few hundred., like at celtic.
So the majority of the family stand move out.
Where to?
What happens to the people that currently sit (in silence apparently)?
They are forced into the North Stand and stand there watching the game (in silence)
Unless they make have of EL1 or the proposed NS3 the family stand.

Where do you people sit? Day trippers are everywhere for all European games and all the big Prem games. Normal Prem games are different but the number of tourists for the big games must be as big as any other ground.

Plus didn't Prestwich Blue once say on here that there are over 20000 new SC holders at the Etihad now compared to the ones who were there when we first moved in 2003? It isn't the same fans who've always been there. As i said a few pages back i know a huge amount of long standing fans who are no longer SC holders (over 20 people!)

champions league games yes, but thats because season ticket holders can't be bothered going. i dont agree, having been to old trafford and the emirates, we barely have any tourists compared to them. yes its gone up from a few years ago, but that was bound to happen with the expansion. every club gets tourists now though. i regularly sit in the east stand or the south stand and the vast majority of people aren't tourists. we haven't just suddenly lost our core support - every club in the league even united have kept theres, we still have that 30-40,000 core fan base going to games. watch match of the day or bmrtv and looks at the crowd shots most of the crowd are made up of non tourists. people have given up tickets, buts thats always happened.

So the majority of the family stand move out.
Where to?
What happens to the people that currently sit (in silence apparently)?
They are forced into the North Stand and stand there watching the game (in silence)
Unless they make have of EL1 or the proposed NS3 the family stand.

personally when we expand the north stand, id have one large second tier ( as haas been suggested) and move the family standers into there. its not working as it is, its half empty most games and large amounts dont have kids, or move to stand in the south stand. the original north stand season ticket holders got moved. the demand is there for standing, so i think its an opportunity that we can't miss. the family stand is too big as it imo, move it, make it smaller and offer cheaper kids tickets all around the ground. the majority of families and older people will not go into a standing section imo

Just a thought but could the disconnect between the players and the supporters play a part in the lack of atmosphere?, I remember back in the day most if not every player had a song but not now. Let's face it many live in a bubble, can't speak English well and have no deep seated affinity for the club.

champions league games yes, but thats because season ticket holders can't be bothered going. i dont agree, having been to old trafford and the emirates, we barely have any tourists compared to them. yes its gone up from a few years ago, but that was bound to happen with the expansion. every club gets tourists now though. i regularly sit in the east stand or the south stand and the vast majority of people aren't tourists. we haven't just suddenly lost our core support - every club in the league even united have kept theres, we still have that 30-40,000 core fan base going to games. watch match of the day or bmrtv and looks at the crowd shots most of the crowd are made up of non tourists. people have given up tickets, buts thats always happened.

I sit in SS3 and you only rarely come across tourists, it's mostly middle aged season ticket holders.

A high percentage of that fan base who are not middle aged season ticket holders will be people who might be able to get to one or two maybe a few home games a season and never to the big fixtures because they cannot get tickets as they cannot afford season tickets. Apart from season ticket holders there will be different faces every week in different parts of the ground, that doesnt help create that bond (if thats the right word?) that people back in the 80s at maine road who turned up and paid on the turnstile and stood in the same place every week and somehow got each other geed up.

A high percentage of that fan base who are not middle aged season ticket holders will be people who might be able to get to one or two maybe a few home games a season and never to the big fixtures because they cannot get tickets as they cannot afford season tickets. Apart from season ticket holders there will be different faces every week in different parts of the ground, that doesnt help create that bond (if thats the right word?) that people back in the 80s at maine road who turned up and paid on the turnstile and stood in the same place every week and somehow got each other geed up.

i think you've hit the nail on the head there. I'm one of those people, I've been able to use my uncles season ticket this year. but usually can only afford to go to a few games a year, mainly cup ones. bring the prices down and it would make a huge difference. I'm 22 and tbh barely anyone i know of the same age that goes to the football regularly, unless its with there dad. make it cheaper for that age group and it would come back.

i think you've hit the nail on the head there. I'm one of those people, I've been able to use my uncles season ticket this year. but usually can only afford to go to a few games a year, mainly cup ones. bring the prices down and it would make a huge difference. I'm 22 and tbh barely anyone i know of the same age that goes to the football regularly, unless its with there dad. make it cheaper for that age group and it would come back.

There you go.... you say Cheadle Hulme...when I was 22 there would have been a gang of you going together home and away probably every week from the Kenilworth all lads 18-40......hardly happens at all now. For someone your age it is probably hard to imagine how different things were back in the 70s 80s 90s even, you will get some idea from stories off here and so on. In truth alot of it was shit, and the good old days were only good in parts. As plenty on here will testify it could be a bloody dangerous pass time, the grounds were shit and falling down, and it was almost impossible to go to a match at Maine Road without treading in at least one pile of dog or horse shit going in an out of the ground. When you went away to a ground where the away fans were dumped in an open roofless terrace it always pissed down without fail too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.