Etihad atmosphere

I hate to bring this up as an argument but a lot of young people will get a season ticket and the fact they cant go on away games with their mates and the club makes it impossible for friends to sit with friends when at an away game or even at the Etihad. This puts a lot of young people off before they even catch the bug, everyone knows away games are the ones to go to, i also get the argument about loyalty but somethings got to give in my opinion or football will only be attended by the hardcore of the hardcore who only go with themselves or one other friend. Some people would much rather watch a game in the pub with all their friends and spend the ticket money on beer and unfortunately its usually the age group you need that have these problems. However i do understand people saying 'i have more loyalty points so i should get a ticket', i don't know the solution if I'm honest i just think this is the problem.

Prices in the SSL have doubled over a short space of time. The club artificially creating a singing section just diluted the natural singing section, and it has been diluted further with the extra home seats on the lower tier.

We will go at least 3 months without a home win in the league, hardly surprising it is worse than last season.

6 league wins at home in 14 games going back to last season creates nervousness and with expectations higher now I think this is part of it. So many of those games were also tossed away through extremely poor defending and fans are getting a sense of dejavu this season! There were some extremely pissed off and angry people on the way out on Saturday and it was the defenders getting the stick not the ref.

Its a poor run of home form that's for sure when 90% plus of our fans only ever see home games. It what I would expect from a team fighting relegation over that period. That said, I don't think we have ever had a good consistent atmosphere and that dates back to when I started going. Lots of memorable one off's but no consistency.

i also get the argument about loyalty but somethings got to give in my opinion or football will only be attended by the hardcore of the hardcore who only go with themselves or one other friend.

and we all know the only people that deserve to go to games are those who have groups of friends and chant and drink.. god help those "loyal" people who only go with 1 or 2 people - hang em i say!!!!

and we all know the only people that deserve to go to games are those who have groups of friends and chant and drink.. god help those "loyal" people who only go with 1 or 2 people - hang em i say!!!!
Moan all you want, i didn't say it was right i said its what is happening, you cant have both.

Moan all you want, i didn't say it was right i said its what is happening, you cant have both.

"you can't have both"????

What, you can't have people go to games with groups of friends, and also people who go to games with one or two other people only?! Riiiiiiiight.

"you can't have both"????

What, you can't have people go to games with groups of friends, and also people who go to games with one or two other people only?! Riiiiiiiight.
I'm saying if you want a better atmosphere, people can do and choose what they want for all i care i think the atmosphere is fine, but i thought id give my opinion.

The atmosphere either side of the away fans is good and always has been. Most of the remainder is below poor as an atmosphere.
Saying that I found my self in third tier south stand and was impressed with both the view and the atmosphere.
I am not sure there is a solution. Not like the old days and never will be. Make the best of it.
The better the team play the better the atmosphere will be. Want to sing sit / stand as close to the away fans as possible.

Football is tribal but most of the tribe can't afford to get in.

This.
Too many spectators, not enough supporters.

Can I see big business lowering ticket prices and reaching out to the traditional crowd?

No.

They want the tourist who would fly over with Etihad airways, stay in an hotel in town built and owned by ADUG or some Chinese consortium,
Pay double prices for the match ticket.
A trolley load of merchandise at the club store.
No policing issues.
The revenue generated per tourist is far far more profitable than say us lot who have the Seasoncard, never buy any merchandise, sit in Mary d's/Vic pre/post match and are right tight and skint bastards.

Like I said preciously... We are being ethnically cleansed.
All the estates around outskirts of town will eventually be modernised and a load of suit wearing southern corporate lawyer types alongside the Chinese lot will live in those Areas.

Same happened in parts of London with generations of traditional cockneys being priced out of their areas.

. That said, I don't think we have ever had a good consistent atmosphere and that dates back to when I started going. Lots of memorable one off's but no consistency.[/QUOTE]

I think this nails it.
People think back and only remember the games when the ground was rocking and think every game was like that, but forget being outsung by about 50 Wimbledon fans or Sunderland taunting us with 3 nil & you still won't sing

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.