Etihad atmosphere

The only way to improve the atmosphere at The Etihad is to introduce safe standing, so that groups of mates can stand together, and to reduce ticket prices so that the younger generation aren't priced out.

Where I was sat (top of the south stand) the atmosphere was genuinely crap. All I could hear was Celtic fans and fuck all else. Guess that's also part of the problem - other parts of the ground being inaudible! It felt like no one sang all night in the City ends. I get your point about watching teams defend, but you could easily turn around and say why are we not excited about watching our team attack? It's like we're waiting to be entertained. We sang loads more when we were crap getting hammered every week...you think it'd be easier now we've got Silva, Aguero, KDB and so on.

I don't think mentally we know how to deal with success or life as a top club as a fanbase to be honest. We don't handle it well. We were the plucky underdogs for years and revelled in it, then we won the lottery and get everything we wanted and now its like 'now what?' and there's just a feeling of apathy most weeks or even anxiety if we're not winning within ten minutes. Even we are winning within ten minutes we then sit there and do nowt.

Sigh. I miss Maine Road.

Maine road was shit for a long long time.

All home supporters feel like this but the facts are that away followings have usually been on the piss all day, lose themselves in it, we're no different when we're away, plus and i've mentioned this before, the English football supporter is usually wrapped up in the game, if we're under the cosh we're quiet and anxious, if were on top we're slightly more vocal in the main, but compared to other countries i feel the majority are there now to actually watch the game, especially with Pep and to see the different formations etc...

I agree with Ric and Tolmie though that standing and pricing are the key to getting the support louder and more boisterous.

The notion that every game (at any club) should be a rip-roaring cacophony of noise and excitement is ridiculous. It never was and never will be. All seating and not enough away fans doesn't help, and neither does having 20k gawping at a massive telly for 90 minutes.
Games with brilliant atmosphere are few and far between but they are never forgotten by those that were there.

It's one of the dreariest chants in football

I have no idea it's connection with the club. Is it because the word blue is in the song?

It's utterly dreadful,

Blue moon you saw me standing alone without a dream in my heart without a love of my own, blue moon. Then it stops and all goes quiet. 10 seconds.

We need some lively funny songs.

completley disagree. if you went to the hamburg game or the rag sen final. blue moon sung by the whole ground is spine tingling.

your telling me thats not good ?

or this one

That second one - we actually got past repeating it only twice. I can't remember the last time I heard it last more than two repeats, and its great when it does. I agree re Bluemoon - think when everyone gets into it its brilliant.

That second one - we actually got past repeating it only twice. I can't remember the last time I heard it last more than two repeats, and its great when it does. I agree re Bluemoon - think when everyone gets into it its brilliant.

yep if its sung by a few hundred once it doesnt sound good. but by lots of people its great. just like when everyone signs we are city, super city, thats another one that needs everyone singing it to sound good.

i think other posters have made some good points the south stand have become obsessed with singing either about players or the manager rather than about just city. we could start singing songs like
city til i die
you are my city
hey jude

songs that everyone knows and everyone will join in with, rather then singing about united and watching city on a wednesday night all the time..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.