Etihad atmosphere

I'm also going as far to say that the vocal sections next to the away fans has not worked for 13 years at that stadium now and needs a compete re-think.

It is too easy to dilute our outnoise out tiny vocal sections any time any half decent set of fans turn up, never mind when fans like last night who sing for 89:30 of 92minutes, all of them.

It's time for a change. We've been at this ground since 2003 and it's not not worked! It's time we reinvented ourselves and had a complete change-around.

So no more putting a little smartphone speaker next to a Bose SoundTouch and hope the smartphone speaker can make more noise. It's time we had our own proper Bose SoundTouch somewhere else, and somewhere that no matter how many away fans there are, they can never be moved or surrounded for cup games or simply outnoised by the 3000 in the normal away section.

Good luck with that! People moan on here when they have to sit two rows in front of their 'normal' seat in a cup match. Try moving around thousands of season ticketers! For what it's worth I think you're right though

It'd help dramatically if we could everyone singing together at the SAME TIME. I stand in 114 with my old fella and there's 5 different renditions of the same songs all timed differently and no one knows whether to catch up with the others or carry on with their version. Most songs are too fast and people rush through them, we need a good slow one you can proper belt out and get behind

It'd help dramatically if we could everyone singing together at the SAME TIME. I stand in 114 with my old fella and there's 5 different renditions of the same songs all timed differently and no one knows whether to catch up with the others or carry on with their version. Most songs are too fast and people rush through them, we need a good slow one you can proper belt out and get behind

Never got this. So, so weird. I swear we need a click track or something - no one can stay in time and I agree that it definitely ruins songs and the atmosphere.

Genuinely starting to think the Etihad is fast becoming one of the worst atmospheres in the country depressingly.

I'm also going as far to say that the vocal sections next to the away fans has not worked for 13 years at that stadium now and needs a compete re-think.

It is too easy to dilute our outnoise out tiny vocal sections any time any half decent set of fans turn up, never mind when fans like last night who sing for 89:30 of 92minutes, all of them.

It's time for a change. We've been at this ground since 2003 and it's not not worked! It's time we reinvented ourselves and had a complete change-around.

So no more putting a little smartphone speaker next to a Bose SoundTouch and hope the smartphone speaker can make more noise. It's time we had our own proper Bose SoundTouch somewhere else, and somewhere that no matter how many away fans there are, they can never be moved or surrounded for cup games or simply outnoised by the 3000 in the normal away section.

Good luck with that! People moan on here when they have to sit two rows in front of their 'normal' seat in a cup match. Try moving around thousands of season ticketers! For what it's worth I think you're right though

Never got this. So, so weird. I swear we need a click track or something - no one can stay in time and I agree that it definitely ruins songs and the atmosphere.

Genuinely starting to think the Etihad is fast becoming one of the worst atmospheres in the country depressingly.
It's because people are singing at a thousand miles an hour and it kills the song dead in seconds. Just needs people to learn to stay on time, it's pretty basic.
I wouldn't say we're that bad in the grand scheme of things though. Last night was decent, at least people were trying, and that was for a nothing match. Big games we always do well, it's not gonna be great every game, when you're watching most teams defend with 11 men it's hard to get excited. When we do it we do it well, just need some better songs and people to get in time.

It's because people are singing at a thousand miles an hour and it kills the song dead in seconds. Just needs people to learn to stay on time, it's pretty basic.
I wouldn't say we're that bad in the grand scheme of things though. Last night was decent, at least people were trying, and that was for a nothing match. Big games we always do well, it's not gonna be great every game, when you're watching most teams defend with 11 men it's hard to get excited. When we do it we do it well, just need some better songs and people to get in time.

Where I was sat (top of the south stand) the atmosphere was genuinely crap. All I could hear was Celtic fans and fuck all else. Guess that's also part of the problem - other parts of the ground being inaudible! It felt like no one sang all night in the City ends. I get your point about watching teams defend, but you could easily turn around and say why are we not excited about watching our team attack? It's like we're waiting to be entertained. We sang loads more when we were crap getting hammered every week...you think it'd be easier now we've got Silva, Aguero, KDB and so on.

I don't think mentally we know how to deal with success or life as a top club as a fanbase to be honest. We don't handle it well. We were the plucky underdogs for years and revelled in it, then we won the lottery and get everything we wanted and now its like 'now what?' and there's just a feeling of apathy most weeks or even anxiety if we're not winning within ten minutes. Even we are winning within ten minutes we then sit there and do nowt.

Sigh. I miss Maine Road.

Couldn't agree more about Bluemoon. I had Celtic fans at both sides of me and they were saying that, not just City but England, we sing one verse of a song and it stops and we're quiet again. Celtic did have a large number of songs. There's quite a lot if we look back that we have that we don't do much anymore, "You are my City, my only City" for example. I did say it's like having Absolute 80s on listening to them!

The song blue moon is a sure fire atmosphere stopper. It's dreadful, how does that get anyone going,....

With city having been all seater since the 94/95 season, for 22 years - i'm a bit sick of the whining the last few season about boo hoo i can't go stand with my mates. Have we been whingeing about atmosphere for 22 years?

Prices and the rules and corporate side of things can have altered atmosphere yes - i'm skint for example, but fans have sat for 22 years - in fact if anything they've had it easy the last 5 years with city letting certain blocks stand anyway!
Your right, we have had seating for 22 years, and I think the atmosphere has been getting more and more worse for 22 years. There is no denying that unreserved standing would boost the atmosphere.

Where I was sat (top of the south stand) the atmosphere was genuinely crap. All I could hear was Celtic fans and fuck all else. Guess that's also part of the problem - other parts of the ground being inaudible! It felt like no one sang all night in the City ends. I get your point about watching teams defend, but you could easily turn around and say why are we not excited about watching our team attack? It's like we're waiting to be entertained. We sang loads more when we were crap getting hammered every week...you think it'd be easier now we've got Silva, Aguero, KDB and so on.

I don't think mentally we know how to deal with success or life as a top club as a fanbase to be honest. We don't handle it well. We were the plucky underdogs for years and revelled in it, then we won the lottery and get everything we wanted and now its like 'now what?' and there's just a feeling of apathy most weeks or even anxiety if we're not winning within ten minutes. Even we are winning within ten minutes we then sit there and do nowt.

Sigh. I miss Maine Road.
I'm 114 and the atmosphere was pretty good considering the nature of the match.

Totally agree, we've got the cream of the crop on the pitch and our prospects are better than ever, but if we're not winning 5-0 by half time people turn to moaning. Too quick to jump on the players and have a go at them. Some games you have to grind a result out and that means the team need more lifting than when we're a few goals up, but people just wanna moan in them games.

People to sit back and have a solid look at where we are, the football we're playing these days and where we're going, if that isn't enough to make you sing and enjoy the match then I've no idea what will

Either the years of being downtrodden or liking to think we're too cool or both - mean we only get vocal when tbere is an injustice or we feel !ike the underdog again.
In a strange way I like fact we are a miserable, difficult, discerning audience - but then it does mean the atmosphere is usually at best average. Even when we do get a decent chant or something like the Poznan - the shelf life is short and it gets frowned upon.
God knows what the answer is - but it's certainly nothing the club should get involved in - just makes it worse.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.