Etihad atmosphere

Either the years of being downtrodden or liking to think we're too cool or both - mean we only get vocal when tbere is an injustice or we feel !ike the underdog again.
In a strange way I like fact we are a miserable, difficult, discerning audience - but then it does mean the atmosphere is usually at best average. Even when we do get a decent chant or something like the Poznan - the shelf life is short and it gets frowned upon.
God knows what the answer is - but it's certainly nothing the club should get involved in - just makes it worse.

That's it for me. I don't think we know how to be anything other than the underdog. Definite sense of too cool to sing at times. Everyone prefers moaning.

I think the atmosphere is as good as it can be right now with the effort the masses are willing to put in. The next step is a drum, away from the soutstand that can keep a constant noise to fill the silent voids between the southstand singing in full voice. Make some catchy songs like Celtic's as opposed to Bolton/Blackburn style of repetitive banging and then you only need 50 people to keep it going for 90 mins.

Think the guardiola song has been pretty catchy this season, especially at aways.

That's it for me. I don't think we know how to be anything other than the underdog. Definite sense of too cool to sing at times. Everyone prefers moaning.

The pep song isn't great, it worked once well at Stoke but now, the atmospheres dead and you hear people sing it. Why? No idea. I think our fans prefer to sing about him than our actual club. Manchester City. Easy songs repeated - Blue army! repeat it sing it louder and louder. The same with "CITY, CITY" "COME ON CITY". Theres loads of songs, we've got but loads dont know them even the singing section and they always resort to singing about Pep and Zaba when he isnt even playing!

We just seem not to want to get behind our team. Forget about the players songs lets just get behind the team, in name, Manchester City the actual reason we turn up! I said to my mates the only thing I was impressed with was how many songs Celtic had and how they didn't really sing about a player from what I could hear.

City should have moved the singing section to the 3rd tier of the south stand close to the front so they could generate the whole of that tier to sing. Forget the south stand bottom tier there isn't enough fans for it to carry well, you can keep the flags and stuff down there they dont really look great and dont add anything!

Youre the only for me City is a good song. I'm going Leicester so I might try sing it!

We don't have the numbers and have also priced out an entire generation through ease of accessing an actual ticket.

I had three tickets on the Cup Scheme and the ticket office told me we couldn't have our regular seats together because I had been too slow to renew and demand for Celtic was too great.

Nobody was sat in my regular seats last night and I was able to choose my row and all still sit together.

Our atmosphere has always been crap down the years, it's a romantic view of the past.

The Kippax was shite from the mid 80s onwards and you can count on one hand the number of special atmospheres after that.

The best it gets is when we feel wronged.

The Celtic fans were excellent, never stopped, the the 4 or 5 chants they sang all night are loud, catchy and simple.
Our fans only got going twice. Once after we scored, and then, in answer to the display of mobile phone torches, the whole ground stood up to the chant, 'stand up if you love City'. Then, apart from shouting, gesticulating and slapping a few around the ground, we went back to sleep.
I do think we need to come up with 3 or 4 new catchy chants, some that get us up and at it.
The only one thay gets any response is 'Na na naaaa, na na na naaaa City', which is my favorite.
Blue moon sends you to sleep. Maybe thats it, we all fall asleep.
Pinching and adapting a couple of Celtics chants wouldn't go amis, lets adapt some Manchester anthems. Their Poznan looked great, as did the other chants where they built up into a crescendo...

Last edited:
Celtic fans have young generations of fans from across the isles. We have priced out younger generations and are mostly a middle-aged, miserable, moaning match-attending fanbase. It's not that any of us are self-entitled and think we don't need to cheer the team on, lots of our fans just like to be miserable.

Hey all,

As a Blue on the other side of the globe, I can only gauge atmosphere through the TV. I did make the trip to visit the stadium back in 2010 but that is my only live experience to date.

Watching the match against Southampton this morning, I noticed the culmination of a trend that seems to have been going on for some time now.

The crowds seem noticeably flat. The only player announcement met with enthusiasm is Aguero. Goals are met with ripples of applause. It seems to be happening with regularity at home fixtures now and as a supporter, I'm wondering why.

Is there discontent amongst the fans over there with the direction of the club or the style of play? With Pelle? Has the gloss and excitement of heavy investment in the club worn off after the first couple of titles?

Or am I misreading this entirely?

City fans are known the world over for their passion. This is why I pose the question.

Cheers all.

CTID
Atmosphere is nothing like it used to be in the Kippax or the old North stand , difference was then we had an End now supporters are spread out all over the place we don't have a End to call our own, look at last night . I know it was a nothing game but the Jocks were bouncing (ok they had been on the piss all day while we were at work but apart from Blue Moon , we don't reallyhave many other songs, Celtic fans had loads or a least I think they did couldn't understand a F**king word but they never shut up . Bring back standing and bring back ticket prices the kids can afford have you ever looked around you and seen all the grey hair ! we might have been Hoolies in the past but not anymore . We need an end to call our own I know some are trying it in the South Stand but they get out numbered by the away fans . Kick em out and give the whole of the South Stand to home supporters .

I have noticed that now our fan base does seem overwhelmingly of the over 50's or the kids of the over 50's. No problem with that, but it does prove the club has priced out the younger generation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.