Etihad atmosphere

I've seen worse, remember a game last year with torrential rain all day. Most either stayed home or watched in the concourse, those that were lower tier anyway.

Team not been playing well and a huge game 4 days later at home. It's hard to sell out twice in a half a week.
Not been much fun. Arsenal is a massive game.

Flat pretty much like the game,that said so are most top grounds in England now, atmospheres driven by team not team driven by the crowd anymore.

Flat pretty much like the game,that said so are most top grounds in England now, atmospheres driven by team not team driven by the crowd anymore.

Not sure about that. From what I've seen most grounds have a fairly decent home atmosphere with Crystal Palace being the masters of singing and giving their team their full support. Win,lose or draw you can tell the fans are having a right laugh and it must be great to go and watch them every week. We on the other hand must be the worst of the so called top clubs. IMO we have an aging crowd with some deep mental scars of the past who just can't be bothered to do anything but watch the game with with odd clap, boo and rant.

I've seen worse, remember a game last year with torrential rain all day. Most either stayed home or watched in the concourse, those that were lower tier anyway.

Team not been playing well and a huge game 4 days later at home. It's hard to sell out twice in a half a week.

I don't think it's a question of not selling out. It's season ticket holders not being arsed to turn up. I don't know another club where you see the same empty seats again and again week in, week out.

Controversial this, I know, but personally I do think if you buy a season ticket there should be some obligation to go to a minimum number of games, or you forfeit your ticket next season. Yes, we'd have to make allowances for people being ill or whatever.

I know some people say if you've paid your money, it's up to you, but we don't want an atmosphere-less stadium that's "sold out" with half the seats empty do we. I swear to god there must be thousands of ST holder who only turn up when we are playing a "big" game.

Controversial this, I know, but personally I do think if you buy a season ticket there should be some obligation to go to a minimum number of games, or you forfeit your ticket next season. Yes, we'd have to make allowances for people being ill or whatever.

I have just missed the last four home games due to illness, and Arsenal will be my fifth .... Will I need a doctor's note?

Could hear conversations across the ground it was tut quiet last night. Not sure why the atmosphere is so dire recently.

I don't think it's a question of not selling out. It's season ticket holders not being arsed to turn up. I don't know another club where you see the same empty seats again and again week in, week out.

I know some people say if you've paid your money, it's up to you, but we don't want an atmosphere-less stadium that's "sold out" with half the seats empty do we. I swear to god there must be thousands of ST holder who only turn up when we are playing a "big" game.

I'm not sure that its right to punish fans who dont turn up to midweek games (which is when most of the no shows occur). There used to be a bloke sat next to me who made a 400 mile round trip to watch City. He missed most midweek games. Of course he was there for the really big games eg City v United in 11/12. But that involved taking two half days off work and kipping on a mate's sofa. He was happy to buy his season card knowing he would miss more than a few games.

That's us in 314 trying our best. We're just over half way up and give it all we can but as soon as anyone else joins in the stewards are all over us. Like most we only moved for financial reasons and it does feel sometimes we are getting punished for having a go in the cheap seats.

Good effort lads. nobody interested last night again.
PS 'They're here they're there they're every fucking where empty seats, empty seats'

I'm not sure that its right to punish fans who dont turn up to midweek games (which is when most of the no shows occur). There used to be a bloke sat next to me who made a 400 mile round trip to watch City. He missed most midweek games. Of course he was there for the really big games eg City v United in 11/12. But that involved taking two half days off work and kipping on a mate's sofa. He was happy to buy his season card knowing he would miss more than a few games.

This is just from my experience and my group of mates.

There's 7 of us sat together. All live and work around Manchester. Last night 2 of us turned up, the other 5 couldn't be arsed.

It's not just fans living miles away that no show

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.