Etihad atmosphere

Yeah, good summary. There's still an ongoing issue with people in the singing section not bothering to sing and it annoys the hell out of me but there was a hardcore of us in there last night that kept things going at regular intervals. I don't expect everyone in there to sing for 90 minutes non-stop - just join in with a few of the songs from time to time as you only need a hardcore of say 50 or 60 to start things off anyway - but there has to be more effort from some, otherwise they should fuck off out of there and let people in who are more prepared to get involved.

Also, I fully understand that some people get nervous watching us if a game is in the balance and that can impact on the atmosphere - I'm probably one of the most nervous of fans, but in the past few weeks I've become more defiant and refuse to let a song die a total death if the opposition are attacking as do a few others in there.

Second half was actually pretty good in there - we had "Oh what a night" going for a good 10 minutes or so non-stop but it simply didn't carry into other areas

Yes I did like the "Oh what a night" 10 minutes. Come on City. "You play Thursday cos your Fucking Shite".

Think we are comfortably one of the worst atmospheres in the league now, maybe even the worse. Last night was absolutely horrific.

It wasn't particularly bad last night. The atmosphere has been poor to mediocre for years and I thought the Singing Section were better last night.

The bigger issue for me is the loons who got on Navas' back from his first touch in the game. Yes he made a mistake not passing the simple ball but newcomers could be put off by the amount of whingers we've got.

I had to have a load of pain killers to get to last night's game. It's not an issue as I love supporting City. Some Blues think they are doing us a favour turning up.

I'm not sure that its right to punish fans who dont turn up to midweek games (which is when most of the no shows occur). There used to be a bloke sat next to me who made a 400 mile round trip to watch City. He missed most midweek games. Of course he was there for the really big games eg City v United in 11/12. But that involved taking two half days off work and kipping on a mate's sofa. He was happy to buy his season card knowing he would miss more than a few games.

There should be a system where such supporters can register their availability for games, say within a week of the game happening. Therefore anyone who knows they won't make it will have their seat sold on to another buyer for that game

There should be a system where such supporters can register their availability for games, say within a week of the game happening. Therefore anyone who knows they won't make it will have their seat sold on to another buyer for that game

You mean like the seat exchange that they already have? It's great in theory but only works if there's someone who wants to buy it.

Everton West ham Hull Sunderland Leicester Southampton and Swansea

I'll edit what I said before, us and Liverpool have the worst atmosphere in the league

Thanks mate. I agree with you about Anfield and yes our atmosphere is generally poor. I just think last night was a decent effort - particularly in the first half. I thought the Chelse game was (relatively) worse than last night e.g. Quiet when we were a goal down and chasing the game.

Yes amout on season card holders who don't turn up is more than most other clubs but we did well to seek 1,500 tickets thatbWatfird couldn't shift.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.