Etihad atmosphere

What for being an arse? Probably.

I am talking about people who persistently don't turn up for weeks, season after season.

The 'arse' is you thinking dictating to people is fine..... their money, their ticket, their choice .... Absolutely none of your business what others choose to do.

We definitely have the worst problem in the league for fans leaving matches early.
Looks terrible.
Chelsea beat West Brom 1-0 on Sunday and the fans and manager clapped an almost full stadium at the end from the middle of the pitch. Made me think, why do we hardly ever see that at City

The atmosphere last night exactly matched the football in front of us. Dire. The game was poor and we dredged out a good win.
I am in 111 a hotbed of atmosphere. If people take about the odd song coming out from the singing sections it is grasping at straws.
Watford as a bunch of away fans who brought quite a few were worse than us and away fans are supposed to be in song. That didnt help matters.
We need to pick it up a lot more on Sunday. It will without a doubt be better.
The atmosphere at Maine road getting beat week in and week out was better than this.

We definitely have the worst problem in the league for fans leaving matches early.
Looks terrible.
Chelsea beat West Brom 1-0 on Sunday and the fans and manager clapped an almost full stadium at the end from the middle of the pitch. Made me think, why do we hardly ever see that at City

There's probably a multitude of reasons but I'm convinced one of the big ones is that the public transport is shit and it's a nightmare to get away by car too. Why is it that whenever I've been to watch us at United there are double tram after double tram lined up to take people away from the stadium but there barely seems to be any extra service when City are at home? I never leave early but I can understand why people do, because it's a mission to get home.

I guess the atmosphere last night depended on where in the stadium you sat / stood.

SS lower tier was a sea of blue flags to start the game off.

115 was 90 minutes singing with the odd break, first half nearly 10 minutes of "singing the blues" second half 10 minutes of "what a night". . Ok wish more people would have sung, it was more towards the back with some in the middle and front joining in, but it still made a decent game. You could hear tier three from time to time.

The singers are in there, when zabba scored 2,000 sang his song followed by "not really here". So why not join in the songs when there are 100 or so singing ?

The early leavers and in particular those that went early in the north stand, well hurrendous, at least they didnt let us down ! Dont see the point in leaving early so you can be home half hour sooner.

The 'arse' is you thinking dictating to people is fine..... their money, their ticket, their choice .... Absolutely none of your business what others choose to do.

No, "arse" is not understanding the word "dictating".

I'm entitled to an "opinion". And as a supporter of our club, I absolutely have an interest in whether people wish to turn up or not.

Which other grounds do you go to on a regular basis?

Ha ha! It makes me laugh when people come out with statements like that. It could and should be a lot better at our place but the notion that loads of other Premier League grounds are absolutely rocking every weekend is as far removed from reality as you can get. Every set of fans are capable of a great atmosphere on any given day but all too often, the problems we experience are the same as those at other grounds with fans at many other clubs complaining about exactly the same things. From what I saw of the United and Liverpool games at the weekend, it wasn't exactly a wall of noise at either - my boss was at Old Trafford and said the atmosphere was flat for the most part probably due to nerves amongst fans, and during the last 10 minutes or so at Anfield you could hear the West Ham fans loud and clear whereas the Liverpool fans weren't exactly going out of their way in trying to roar their team on over the line - this despite having around 10,000 more seats in their ground this season plus their manager being more vocal than any other in the league in trying to encourage his fans to create a better atmosphere.

Palace probably have the best home atmosphere in the league but even that's dropped off a bit of late - I saw a Twitter post a few weeks back from a Palace fan who was creaming his pants over a video showing 30 or 40 of their fans in their Ultras section singing while 4-2 down at home to Liverpool. Fucking hell, the way he was going on you'd have thought the Holmesdale Road end was rocking. Compare that to Monchengladbach the other week where in the closing minutes of the game, and despite the disappointment of their team going out of the Champions League with a whimper, all 4 sides of the ground spontaneously got to their feet and chanted pretty much through to the final whistle. The difference between that and 30 or 40 Palace fans going at it is so stark that it's utterly fucking laughable, yet even more laughable is that on the Ultras-Tifo forum of all places, for some inexplicable reason Palace are ranked in the top 10 for best atmospheres in world football. They wouldn't even make the top 10 in Germany for fuck's sake!

Looks terrible.

Because the whole of Manchester is in grid lock all the time. Couple that with the chilli peppers playing at the arena ....

People are always going to leave early until the infrastructure is sorted and transport is sorted out. All those roads were built to accommodate 20odd thousand people at the commonwealth games. Don't even get me started on the roads in and around central Manchester.

When Silva scored the amount of fans that got up and left was absolutely embarrassing! It was like it was full time. At full time I reckon there was about 20,000 left in the stadium to clap the lads off, absolutely pathetic. Our support is fucking shit

I guess the atmosphere last night depended on where in the stadium you sat / stood.

SS lower tier was a sea of blue flags to start the game off.

115 was 90 minutes singing with the odd break, first half nearly 10 minutes of "singing the blues" second half 10 minutes of "what a night". . Ok wish more people would have sung, it was more towards the back with some in the middle and front joining in, but it still made a decent game. You could hear tier three from time to time.

The singers are in there, when zabba scored 2,000 sang his song followed by "not really here". So why not join in the songs when there are 100 or so singing ?

The early leavers and in particular those that went early in the north stand, well hurrendous, at least they didnt let us down ! Dont see the point in leaving early so you can be home half hour sooner.

Yeah, it was a good buzz in there last night mate - was a great laugh and while it would've been nice to see more join in, I actually enjoyed it far more than other home games of late despite it being a midweek night match in the middle of December. It was far easier to get things going in there than it was against 'Boro the other week despite that game being a traditional Saturday 3pm kick-off and there being less no shows. It really was hard work that day despite us arguably dominating the game more than we did last night.

As for the early leavers, what I couldn't get my head round was that the main exodus happened as soon as we scored the 2nd goal with fans streaming for the exits - did they get confused and thought Watford had scored instead?!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.