Etihad atmosphere

Don't get how people can't admit yesterday was a brilliant atmosphere. We were 3-0 down going into the game. It was rocking at times in the first half. We were booing whilstling every Liverpool touch and getting on the referee's back to support our boys. It was a proper European atmosphere that will grow into our fan culture the more and more we participate in the competition. Even straight after they scored their second we had the full ground singing Blue Moon.

The smoke bombs v Liverpool and United looked great and added to the atmosphere. The constant leathering of away fans in the home end is making the Etihad a horrible place for visiting fans & will continue to give us slight advantages moving forward.

Being someone who's been to hundreds of games around the country and across Europe I'd admit our fans are brilliant on our day. We just need to reach those levels 10 + times a season as opposed to 3 or 4 times!

What was the official attendance last night? - Usually CL games - attendances are reduced by Uefa.
Just interested - as against the Rags attendance given as 54,289 -

Unfortunately too many non regulars for cup games. And too many City are fashionable fans in general. Two sat behind me last night one a woman who spent the whole match on her phone and her boyfriend who just sat there motionless. The couple in front of me who were City fans just sat there. To be fair it's football in general and safe standing should be an option as it would increase atmosphere. Now everything is sanitised. Doesn't help that people turn up 5 minutes before kick off because they know they have a seat waiting for them.

Brilliant 1st half Atmosphere however there was many half and half scarves where I sit and felt almost touristy at times. A red smoke bomb also went off at the end a few rows down from me unbelievably. Then so called "city fans" whipping out their phones at fulltime recording the liverpool celebrations. Weird.

What was the official attendance last night? - Usually CL games - attendances are reduced by Uefa.
Just interested - as against the Rags attendance given as 54,289 -
53,461 Always lower capacity for European games.

Don't get how people can't admit yesterday was a brilliant atmosphere. We were 3-0 down going into the game. It was rocking at times in the first half. We were booing whilstling every Liverpool touch and getting on the referee's back to support our boys. It was a proper European atmosphere that will grow into our fan culture the more and more we participate in the competition. Even straight after they scored their second we had the full ground singing Blue Moon.

The smoke bombs v Liverpool and United looked great and added to the atmosphere. The constant leathering of away fans in the home end is making the Etihad a horrible place for visiting fans & will continue to give us slight advantages moving forward.

Being someone who's been to hundreds of games around the country and across Europe I'd admit our fans are brilliant on our day. We just need to reach those levels 10 + times a season as opposed to 3 or 4 times!
Get a life mate.

Its about times clubs started speaking to UEFA about allowing beer in the ground !

Drinking doesn’t help our atmosphere at midweek domestic fixtures and is probably just another excuse by the 95% + of the ground who just can’t be arsed trying to improve the atmosphere by actually singing.

I agree though that UEFA rules on booze, and the prevention of safe standing and even allowing drink in the stands in the PL are annoyingly backward. I’d like to think that clubs have a say in this and if they were really bothered, would put some pressure on the rule makers. Maybe then we could see some progress, which would really make a difference to the so called match day experience.

Twitter.

IMG_2580.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.