Etihad atmosphere

Don't get how people can't admit yesterday was a brilliant atmosphere. We were 3-0 down going into the game. It was rocking at times in the first half. We were booing whilstling every Liverpool touch and getting on the referee's back to support our boys. It was a proper European atmosphere that will grow into our fan culture the more and more we participate in the competition. Even straight after they scored their second we had the full ground singing Blue Moon.

The smoke bombs v Liverpool and United looked great and added to the atmosphere. The constant leathering of away fans in the home end is making the Etihad a horrible place for visiting fans & will continue to give us slight advantages moving forward.

Being someone who's been to hundreds of games around the country and across Europe I'd admit our fans are brilliant on our day. We just need to reach those levels 10 + times a season as opposed to 3 or 4 times!

agree with everything you've said mate. on our day we our brilliant fans. we made it intimidating and booing the opposition players should happen every game Imo. constantly abusing the away fans should continue swell. we need the etihad like that for all the big games and for fans like last night to get up, stop being lazy and get behind the team. theres to many excuses most of the time.

it was like a mental barrier almost was broken in the last 2 games. fans realized its not embarrassing to sing or to shout as loud as possible.

agree with everything you've said mate. on our day we our brilliant fans. we made it intimidating and booing the opposition players should happen every game Imo. constantly abusing the away fans should continue swell. we need the etihad like that for all the big games and for fans like last night to get up, stop being lazy and get behind the team. theres to many excuses most of the time.

it was like a mental barrier almost was broken in the last 2 games. fans realized its not embarrassing to sing or to shout as loud as possible.

I agree regarding the mental barrier. It's also about leadership - if your block has a few supporters that are willing to join in with chants from around the ground, then it encourages the rest of the block to get involved.

However, I still found that, even during the loudest points during last night's game, that there are loads of fans that just don't want to sing, chant, clap, boo or even f****** move. For some reason they just sit motionless.

Don’t go to CL games but it sounded good over the telly and 1st half against rags we were ace too (though it normally is v them). Now let’s make some proper noise again v Swansea.

The half and half scarf people are potential future fans. I always try n have a chat with the ‘football tourists’ if there are any near me, and try to make them feel welcome. I want people to know the real City rather than soak up the shite posted on the internet by rival fans.

Regarding booing the other team in possession - perhaps against the scousers, but I’d rather just sing City songs and encourage our team.

Great atmosphere last night. Shame it didn't come through on the TV but blame the always amateurish BT Sport production for that.

It was like the old days! Backs against the wall, expecting to lose, revelling in adversity.

Liverpool fans were absolutely appalling. Most overrated set of fans in the history of football. Didn't start supporting their team until they saved by another refereeing error.

Great atmosphere last night. Shame it didn't come through on the TV but blame the always amateurish BT Sport production for that.

It was like the old days! Backs against the wall, expecting to lose, revelling in adversity.

Liverpool fans were absolutely appalling. Most overrated set of fans in the history of football. Didn't start supporting their team until they saved by another refereeing error.

Agree with that mate, watched the game back this morning and atmosphere didn’t come through whatsoever. Not bothered about that tbh. Liverpool fans were Silent for about 50 mins yesterday

I agree regarding the mental barrier. It's also about leadership - if your block has a few supporters that are willing to join in with chants from around the ground, then it encourages the rest of the block to get involved.

However, I still found that, even during the loudest points during last night's game, that there are loads of fans that just don't want to sing, chant, clap, boo or even f****** move. For some reason they just sit motionless.

i think its a big factor. Myself included I feel awkward on my own in say the family stand, singing and getting funny looks off people... our fans should just think screw it and just sing. we are more the capable of it as shown last night. I get people support in there own way, but how on earth can people just sit there in silence and not react at all. its just strange

Agree with that mate, watched the game back this morning and atmosphere didn’t come through whatsoever. Not bothered about that tbh. Liverpool fans were Silent for about 50 mins yesterday
Came through good on the US channel I was streaming from. Funny eh.

Thought it was good last 2 games need more like this , normally full of tourists on champions league nights around me , but full city fans last night

But some ppl don’t sing ever , have a few around me who don’t do anything apart from watch the games, then old couple who I sit next to always sing

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.