Etihad atmosphere

TBH I left 5 minutes before full-time on Boxing Day. I didn't miss anything apart from clapping the players off, and I got home twice as quick, if not quicker. Saying that, I will be back to staying until the end of the match at the next home match. Yes, it does make a difference to those who want to avoid the traffic after the match and get home quicker. Unfortunately the roads around the stadium can't cope with the volume of traffic on a matchday.

Many games at Maine Road the Atmosphere was shite but the thousands of empty seats at Eastlands does not help why the fu*k so many leave so early is beyond me

I watched City beat Huddersfield 10-1 on YouTube the other day. There were 1000's of empty seats in the North Stand that day, as well as in the Platt Lane stand, where the away fans sat/stood. But as far as I can remember nobody, not even United fans, used to comment on the empty seats at MR. They only comment now, even though we are averaging over 54,000, because they have nothing left to take the piss out of us.

There was often thousands of empty seats (and areas of space on the terraces) at MR until the Kippax was re-developed, most seem to forget that. Even if you could take off the current empty seats, our attendances are at record levels.

The current atmosphere isn't helped by the negativity about the team, and people getting on the backs of certain players when ever they make a mistake (this has always been the case, but seems worse at the moment), its not just down to the empty seats though it doesn't help.

Despite the best of intentions, the new singing section isn't working for me, because anyone that's not in it, can hardly hear it, so other songs are started, particularly in SSL3. SSL3 has had some good atmosphere at times, but not always, it was pretty embarrasing for instance against Liverpool, when people were leaving before half time. If it was up to me, I'd try and relocate all the singers up there, the noise is good with the roof above, and it carries elsewhere, the trouble is for cup games, everyone will be scattered round the stadium again.

Your correct. There needs to be a sea change in mentality. Until City fans realise that the media and a lot of other clubs fans want City to fail...our own fans will continue to undermine ourselves with negativity. I'm not for one moment suggesting fans who spend hard earned cash on tickets shouldn't have a voice. I'm suggesting the opposite. Make your voices heard. Sing your hearts out. Drown out the negative doubters who try to destabilise the good work and efforts of the team. Mistakes happen but it needn't be a hanging offence.

TBH I left 5 minutes before full-time on Boxing Day. I didn't miss anything apart from clapping the players off, and I got home twice as quick, if not quicker. Saying that, I will be back to staying until the end of the match at the next home match. Yes, it does make a difference to those who want to avoid the traffic after the match and get home quicker. Unfortunately the roads around the stadium can't cope with the volume of traffic on a matchday.

If public transport got their fingers out and put on enough buses & trams people could
stay & get their moneys worth & get home at a reasonable hour.

If public transport got their fingers out and put on enough buses & trams people could
stay & get their moneys worth & get home at a reasonable hour.
I stayed 'til the end on Boxing Day, went for one pint (was there no more than 20mins) at The Townley and walked back to the ground to get the Met and waited just two minutes for one with no queues at all.

Atmosphere is shit because, I imagine, the crowd are getting older and would rather shit and watch than stand up and sing

On leaving early - I left at the end SSL3, walked to Picc Gardens, got the tram and was in the Brook(Brooklands) at about 5:45pm.

Atmosphere is shit because, I imagine, the crowd are getting older and would rather shit and watch than stand up and sing

On leaving early - I left at the end SSL3, walked to Picc Gardens, got the tram and was in the Brook(Brooklands) at about 5:45pm.

Made me laugh anyway

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.