Etihad atmosphere

It was no better or worse today than any other home game this season in the prem. They are pretty much all the same.

dont agree, this season especially against west ham and bournemouth it was miles better and the champions league games. this one felt weird its as if no one could be arsed. barely a celebration or song after we scored. if thats the standard then my god its got poor.

Since the honeymoon period of the takeover up to winning the FA Cup and Premier League it's been pretty boring at the Etihad. And because we are a reactionary fan base, with the games being boring the atmospheres are too. This is supposed to be entertainment yet all you get is one team sitting back and the other team passing the ball around them all game, it's like watching grass grow at times. But that's what it's like being a really good team. Football isn't like rugby or basketball where all teams want to attack and win, you can turn up to a match with no intention in taking part of it in football and it makes it a very dull spectacle. So in the stands it's flat as a pancake and this will never change unless we become a counter-attacking team (never going to happen) or a fan base who sings no matter what (but I've never really known us to be like that).

we never used to be. the more shit we were, the more boring the football it used to be great. i understand the underdog element tbf swell. i think there are lots of different reasons. our crowd is to old and their aren't enough young lads going. i think season tickets holders have gotten to used to going, its become a routine - arrive 5 minutes after leave ten minutes before. many season ticket holders have forgotten how to support us when we need it imo.

dont agree, this season especially against west ham and bournemouth it was miles better and the champions league games. this one felt weird its as if no one could be arsed. barely a celebration or song after we scored. if thats the standard then my god its got poor.

Think expectations are a bit high now from fans in general.

I wasn't at West Ham and Bournemouth was a great performance.

Southampton, sunderland, Everton and yesterday all flat for me. I'm not sure if people are bored with these shit types of games. I'm not slagging our performances just the lack of a sporting spectacle. 90 minutes of attack v defensive with hardly any quick breaks to get the crowd going isn't the type of game for a great atmosphere. Away fans can hardly be excited by what they are seeing either. Boro fans had no shots to cheer and no corners in the first half, same with Everton...I'm surprised so many bother watching that crap.

Think expectations are a bit high now from fans in general.

I wasn't at West Ham and Bournemouth was a great performance.

Southampton, sunderland, Everton and yesterday all flat for me. I'm not sure if people are bored with these shit types of games. I'm not slagging our performances just the lack of a sporting spectacle. 90 minutes of attack v defensive with hardly any quick breaks to get the crowd going isn't the type of game for a great atmosphere. Away fans can hardly be excited by what they are seeing either. Boro fans had no shots to cheer and no corners in the first half, same with Everton...I'm surprised so many bother watching that crap.

you make a fair point mate, those games especially yesterday and southampton i found very boring and it is quite hard to get singing when that occurs, i noticed boro fans didn't really make that much noise. we need an ultra style section that just sings all game, the 1894 have half a block really that does that the other half need to start contributing.

you make a fair point mate, those games especially yesterday and southampton i found very boring and it is quite hard to get singing when that occurs, i noticed boro fans didn't really make that much noise. we need an ultra style section that just sings all game, the 1894 have half a block really that does that the other half need to start contributing.

The 1894 lot are doing well I'll give em that. I thought the Barca atmosphere with the flags was great. I was bored yesterday too. Two games on the bounce now and nothing to do with how we play. I think we could well be in for more of the same all season bar the bigger teams who may (or may not) have a go.

We are unfortunately giving teams hope of a point by setting up that way though with the endless errors we make for goals. Everyone knows that if they come to our place and keep it relatively tight they will always have a chance of a goal.

I actually think we will win more away than at home this season.

Most people equate atmosphere with singing, but “Singing the Blues” ad nauseum (when the game is goalless and United aren’t even playing), bores me to tears, as does the Guardiola song, which just doesn’t work in home games.

Nick Hornby made the same point 20 years ago, but the best atmosphere is always when we’re losing, but looking as though an equalizer is imminent. That’s when the naturally heartfelt “Come on City” chant appears, and you feel as though you’re helping the team.
Otherwise, we're no better or worse than any other team.

The 1894 lot are doing well I'll give em that. I thought the Barca atmosphere with the flags was great. I was bored yesterday too. Two games on the bounce now and nothing to do with how we play. I think we could well be in for more of the same all season bar the bigger teams who may (or may not) have a go.

We are unfortunately giving teams hope of a point by setting up that way though with the endless errors we make for goals. Everyone knows that if they come to our place and keep it relatively tight they will always have a chance of a goal.

I actually think we will win more away than at home this season.

This was our chance to make the Etihad one of the best atmospheres in the league but instead some people would rather moan at why bravo should boot it up field

Us and Liverpool have the worst atmosphere in the league

Anfield was quiet as a mouse today in the 1st half - hope those deriding our atmosphere took note.

I've said it before, the style of play , and the way teams set up against us, is not the type to get people going. It is like watching chess at times. The boro goal was like a blast from the past, a ball whipped in to a big lad to bullet a header in, i'd love to see us score a few like that

I've said it before, the style of play , and the way teams set up against us, is not the type to get people going. It is like watching chess at times. The boro goal was like a blast from the past, a ball whipped in to a big lad to bullet a header in, i'd love to see us score a few like that

I disagree. I think we've played some scintillating stuff this season but individual errors and poor finishing have been our undoing so far. Against Everton the football was incredible at times and I find it puzzling how a crowd can't get excited at watching it. Sure we play keep ball as well but I don't liken it to a game of chess. It's much less boring than people are making out. 18 chances created in the first half yesterday - that's anything but boring.

Either way, as fans we need to simply find our voices more often regardless of how we're approaching games on the pitch. It was a struggle trying to get things going yesterday. Maybe it was a hangover from the Barca match. But speaking of Barca, while it was understandably bouncing in the 2nd half I felt we did well to keep it going when we were 1 down and they were the ones keeping the ball. All too often, a fanbase will fall totally silent in that situation but that wasn't the case on Tuesday. And despite it being not all that yesterday, there was still a 15 minute rendition of "Oh what a night" in the 2nd half.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.