Etihad atmosphere

Only atmosphere was booing the ref.

And please city don't you dare put clappers in the family stand again. I won't be back after 33 years.

The stewards at our place are the utter pits especially the showsec wankers! Some young tosser after trying and failing to stop about 8 lads pushing in on the queue to the SS pounced on me, easy target on my own, for putting a small can onto the floor as I couldn't see a bin anywhere. His condescending attitude got me riled and I gave him some back which he didn't like. I told him if he did his job properly and stopped queue jumpers I would have been in the ground and not arguing with him. He kept calling me mate in a sarcastic way and I told him I wasn't his mate. I had walked past him and about to go in when he came back and was in my face.'' Are you ok, are you ok, are you sure???'' by now really aggressive. He then said, '' It means nothing for me to pull you out of the queue for...get this......having the wrong attitude to attend the game.....I can stop you going in.'' End of the argument now because the smug bastard knows I don't want to miss the match, Oh for five minutes with him behind the old kippax!!

Well the atmosphere today was dog shit!
What's up with people? Today was a big game against title rivals but only small pockets of fans singing sporadically.
Most of the time complete silence bar folks chatting to each other about what happened in the pub Friday night.
In SS 315 around 30 minutes in to the first half 4 stewards with more looking on and with 2 cops waiting, eject 2 blokes in their late 50's/early 60's because they sang "hello, hello, Chelsea rent boys" a couple of times in response to Chelsea's "your support is fucking shit!"
Removing these 2 men took about 5 minutes with 4 stewards stood in front of people in the middle of the row causing everyone else to stand just to see the game! These fellas were previously getting behind the team (as was I stood behind them, a couple of seats to the right).
They weren't abusive or under the influence, they were just singing "we're not really here", Bluemoon etc. and generally supporting the team and were no problem at all!
The whole thing was heavy handed, ill conceived and totally unnecessary!
No wonder were not creating any atmosphere if this is what's going to happen!
After 42 years of standing on the Kippax, then seats in the north stand at Maine Road, SS level 2 and now SS level 3 plus many years of following the team the length and breath of the country and overseas I've never known such poor atmosphere or treatment of supporters!
Not sure if this will be my final season as a season ticket holder? Will be giving it serious consideration in the next few months!
Fucking showsec wankers, a guy taking seat numbers and the bit next to the aways being hassled all the time.

314/315 is the new 109/110 battleground. I'm a few rows back from the incident at some stage it's going to kick off and they'll be vids of them pushing some old fella over again.

Fucking showsec wankers, a guy taking seat numbers and the bit next to the aways being hassled all the time.

314/315 is the new 109/110 battleground. I'm a few rows back from the incident at some stage it's going to kick off and they'll be vids of them pushing some old fella over again.

Something has to be done about these brain dead bully boys! They are not proper football stewards and I know a few rags amongst them, so there are bound to be more. I am sending Lisa Eaton a complaint later about my 'Match day experience' with one jumped up C***t today and I urge others to do the same.

I'm sure Peps as frustrated as anyone with the atmosphere. It's not helping the team playing at home in front of fans who have no passion for their team.

Pep was trying to get the crowd going 2nd half waving his arms up and down.

Unfortuanely he was aiming it at the wrong place with the seats next to the dugout. Those people wouldn't sing if they won 1 million for doing so.

I feel that Pep and the players aren't happy with the atmosphere, I presume he thought it would be a brilliant atmosphere against a title rival, sadly not.

Did I imagine it or did Pep turn to the Colin Bell and start sarcastically clapping when the mass exodus started when Hazard got the 3rd goal.

In terms of atmosphere, it was embarrassing. But not as embarrassing as the number of empty seats.

Im always mystified that when you hear the couple of thousand City fans at away games that they're as vocal as any fans at spurring their team on. So where are they when we're at home? It doesn't make sense. We do have very poor home support. They even put in singing sections this season but it's still not working. And it will only get worse as the club are only interested in getting the tourists in like at the rags place and in scouseland. Having a meal, buying a T-shirt, buying a half & half scarf etc etc......not us true fans who've followed the club all our lives. Simply because we don't spend enough on match day. I us to sit in the East Stand Level 2 paying £850 per season for 19 league games. Then all the extras for all the cup games. But they built the Aguero Bar and upped my season ticket to £1,750!! At least Dick Turpin wore a mask, the robbing ****s. So I gave up my ticket in protest, not that they'll care and I do miss going watching my team. So it's Ramsbottom Utd for me on a Saturday afternoon now. Grass roots football support is being destroyed by the suits.

Im always mystified that when you hear the couple of thousand City fans at away games that they're as vocal as any fans at spurring their team on. So where are they when we're at home? It doesn't make sense. We do have very poor home support. They even put in singing sections this season but it's still not working. And it will only get worse as the club are only interested in getting the tourists in like at the rags place and in scouseland. Having a meal, buying a T-shirt, buying a half & half scarf etc etc......not us true fans who've followed the club all our lives. Simply because we don't spend enough on match day. I us to sit in the East Stand Level 2 paying £850 per season for 19 league games. Then all the extras for all the cup games. But they built the Aguero Bar and upped my season ticket to £1,750!! At least Dick Turpin wore a mask, the robbing ****s. So I gave up my ticket in protest, not that they'll care and I do miss going watching my team. So it's Ramsbottom Utd for me on a Saturday afternoon now. Grass roots football support is being destroyed by the suits.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.