Etihad atmosphere

What

The more it gets spoken about and debated the more there is a stigma about it. The atmospshere is what it is. Unless you rebuild standing terraces with 20 thousand people on them with tickets costing five quid and matches being every Saturday 3pm, week in week out, then sorry, you're flogging a dead horse. And the more people whinge on about it the worse it is going to get.
Sorry but that's rubbish talking about it is fine, some people want it to be better(the idea that it will sort itself out isn't likely, maybe there isn't much that can be done but it can't hurt to try, at the very least like minded people could eventually relocate) and the more people try and silence anyone from talking about it like its a big secret that's where you create a stigma because it looks like something you are embarrassed about and other fans will pick up on it. It is what it is, there's no need to be super defensive about it, you don't have to join in but don't be telling others they can't because that's all wrong.

Last edited:
What

The more it gets spoken about and debated the more there is a stigma about it. The atmospshere is what it is. Unless you rebuild standing terraces with 20 thousand people on them with tickets costing five quid and matches being every Saturday 3pm, week in week out, then sorry, you're flogging a dead horse. And the more people whinge on about it the worse it is going to get.

so your answer is to do nothing and just accept it. the reason people on here on everywhere else talk about it is because they want to make it better and improve it. we can ignore it or try and make it better with what we have. whinging about fans trying to improve it or talk about it doesnt exactly help.

Boro fans out sang us today. After the barca game I thought today would be rocking but it was flat as fuck. Today it's finally dawned on me. The years we've spent going up and down the divisions ( in my time anyway) built up this rock solid character we had, we was bullet proof, we'd out sing any fucker whether we was 5 nil up or 5 nil down. I was so jealous of the boro fans today and yes away games is a different atmosphere but we used to have an atmosphere at home too. Granted not every game at home was rocking but we had somert about us, we was different and we loved it.
But today it was fuckin horrible, a fair few of our fans haven't got a scoobies about why we support city, fuckin clueless. Yes I'm all about us branching out to people but I don't like it. We're getting gatecrashed by twats. Let's see how loyal these jonny come latelys are if we ever go through a spell of winning nothing. It's not the club I once knew.

What

Instead of going back to the good old days what about going forward with what we have now
That's what the 1894 Group and the club are trying to do with the singing section it will take time but if people go in the singing section at least sing not much to ask for

Boro fans out sang us today. After the barca game I thought today would be rocking but it was flat as fuck. Today it's finally dawned on me. The years we've spent going up and down the divisions ( in my time anyway) built up this rock solid character we had, we was bullet proof, we'd out sing any fucker whether we was 5 nil up or 5 nil down. I was so jealous of the boro fans today and yes away games is a different atmosphere but we used to have an atmosphere at home too. Granted not every game at home was rocking but we had somert about us, we was different and we loved it.
But today it was fuckin horrible, a fair few of our fans haven't got a scoobies about why we support city, fuckin clueless. Yes I'm all about us branching out to people but I don't like it. We're getting gatecrashed by twats. Let's see how loyal these jonny come latelys are if we ever go through a spell of winning nothing. It's not the club I once knew.

no they didn't. i was sat in the north stand today and could hear both our fans and theres and other then the goal, i barely heard anything from them. tuesday there were mor tourists then ever and it was great, today the opposite, we dont have a massive amount of tourists at prem games. i think our fans have got spoilt watching us. we've not had a consistent atmosphere for years, aa few years back we beat hull 5-1 and it was just as quiet.

no they didn't. i was sat in the north stand today and could hear both our fans and theres and other then the goal, i barely heard anything from them. tuesday there were mor tourists then ever and it was great, today the opposite, we dont have a massive amount of tourists at prem games. i think our fans have got spoilt watching us.
I sit next to the away fans and they was.

I sit next to the away fans and they was.

maybe where you were sat mate. but from where i was - right behind the other goal i barely heard them. other then some chants of 'boro' 'boro' and something about victor valdez. i actually heard our fans a fair few times. the 1894 block was making the noise, the 'kippax' corner barely anything

Last edited:
maybe where you were sat mate. but from where i was - right behind the other goal i barely heard them. other then some chants of 'boro' 'boro' and something about victor valdez. i actually heard our fans a fair few times. the 1894 block was making the noise, the 'kippax' corner barely anything

It was no better or worse today than any other home game this season in the prem. They are pretty much all the same.

I'm genuinely amazed that it's only dawned on you today that the atmosphere for home games is largely poor.

I'm genuinely amazed that it's only dawned on you today that the atmosphere for home games is largely poor.
It's never bothered me before but for some reason today it struck home how poor it was. Maybe conceding a last minute goal and my hate for boro had somert to do with it but on the whole piss poor but that's how we've become, it seems we don't need to get behind the team anymore because we're a great team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.