Etihad atmosphere

Im always mystified that when you hear the couple of thousand City fans at away games that they're as vocal as any fans at spurring their team on. So where are they when we're at home? It doesn't make sense. We do have very poor home support. They even put in singing sections this season but it's still not working. And it will only get worse as the club are only interested in getting the tourists in like at the rags place and in scouseland. Having a meal, buying a T-shirt, buying a half & half scarf etc etc......not us true fans who've followed the club all our lives. Simply because we don't spend enough on match day. I us to sit in the East Stand Level 2 paying £850 per season for 19 league games. Then all the extras for all the cup games. But they built the Aguero Bar and upped my season ticket to £1,750!! At least Dick Turpin wore a mask, the robbing ****s. So I gave up my ticket in protest, not that they'll care and I do miss going watching my team. So it's Ramsbottom Utd for me on a Saturday afternoon now. Grass roots football support is being destroyed by the suits.

Can't agree more I've not enjoyed watching City since Pellegrini's first season, the whole thing leaves me cold and after 37 years and around a thousand games I'm seriously thinking about knocking it all on the head. I could be become a ground hopper or something, if you'd said to me 10 years ago I would be so disillusioned and jaded with all things City I'd have laughed myself silly, I've seen plenty of shite over the years so why would I feel the way I do?.i can't explain but I only attend our if 'duty' these days.

You only have to look around you outside the ground before the match, the fans are made up of so many tourists. Cameras, half and half scarves and purely at the game for a premier league experience. Nothing wrong with it but there are so many and it seems to be at the expense of local support. But saying that, even local fans seem more interested in looking at their phones, going to the bar on 35 mins and getting back late. Football crowds I am afraid are becoming like rugby crowds.

Im always mystified that when you hear the couple of thousand City fans at away games that they're as vocal as any fans at spurring their team on. So where are they when we're at home? It doesn't make sense. We do have very poor home support. They even put in singing sections this season but it's still not working. And it will only get worse as the club are only interested in getting the tourists in like at the rags place and in scouseland. Having a meal, buying a T-shirt, buying a half & half scarf etc etc......not us true fans who've followed the club all our lives. Simply because we don't spend enough on match day. I us to sit in the East Stand Level 2 paying £850 per season for 19 league games. Then all the extras for all the cup games. But they built the Aguero Bar and upped my season ticket to £1,750!! At least Dick Turpin wore a mask, the robbing ****s. So I gave up my ticket in protest, not that they'll care and I do miss going watching my team. So it's Ramsbottom Utd for me on a Saturday afternoon now. Grass roots football support is being destroyed by the suits.

It's become sanitised bollocks , some poor bloke was ejected today near the front of 315 for presumably refusing to sit down, police there as well for ffs.Its the reason that this could be my last season as a ST holder, there's just no fun anymore at the ground, the love is wearing off of going to the game - love City but not the match day experience.

Pep was trying to get the crowd going 2nd half waving his arms up and down.

Unfortuanely he was aiming it at the wrong place with the seats next to the dugout. Those people wouldn't sing if they won 1 million for doing so.

I feel that Pep and the players aren't happy with the atmosphere, I presume he thought it would be a brilliant atmosphere against a title rival, sadly not.

The atmosphere is what it is. People are getting complacent and expecting wins nowadays.

Can't agree more I've not enjoyed watching City since Pellegrini's first season, the whole thing leaves me cold and after 37 years and around a thousand games I'm seriously thinking about knocking it all on the head. I could be become a ground hopper or something, if you'd said to me 10 years ago I would be so disillusioned and jaded with all things City I'd have laughed myself silly, I've seen plenty of shite over the years so why would I feel the way I do?.i can't explain but I only attend our if 'duty' these days.

Me too. I don't know why either but I don't care if I miss games any more. Watford at home on a Wednesday night after work is not appealing let's put it that way!

The atmosphere is what it is. People are getting complacent and expecting wins nowadays.

Me too. I don't know why either but I don't care if I miss games any more. Watford at home on a Wednesday night after work is not appealing let's put it that way!
I blame Aguero in that game. We'll never see anything as good as that on a football pitch ever again.

I have mentioned it before but when we were dog shit singing at the game was all we had to do to entertain ourselves.We took pride in being loyal and loud in spite of watching crap. Now everyone is too nervous, every game seems like a ''Must win game.'' Over zealous stewarding, new fans, people split up all over, singers mixed in with people on phones/tablets, talking bollocks about anything but the game. It is odd but the better we get the more I seem to enjoy the whole package less. Us humans are just strange I guess lol!

That's not just City mate, many home grounds have the same problem. You can always expect away fans to be noisy though

Need to get the safe standing going a bit

South Stand singing section its a total myth, bar the 1st game of last season this has been the biggest white elephant ever. All its done is given a chance for groups of mates to sit next to each other and they have the cheek to have ago at the other stands in the ground.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.