Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site (cont

alfabianchi said:
ManCityX said:
Space behind the stand

image.jpg

That is half the space there is between the stadium and the road now. On a matchday with a capacity crowd that will be a squeeze.

Shouldn't you be more worried about the space at the swamp?

ColinLee said:
McFcMiKe7 said:
Not sure if it's posted, but I saw a video yesterday of Sky Sports saying that the stadium expansions is underway and this guy in it said that they are adding a few rows on the front. Has that been mentioned by the club yet? I've not seen it anywhere.
Already been and gone on the OS :- http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-new...ity-announce-second-phase-of-Etihad-expansion
Can't see anything on extending the front row, mate.

ManCityX said:
alfabianchi said:
ManCityX said:
Space behind the stand

image.jpg

That is half the space there is between the stadium and the road now. On a matchday with a capacity crowd that will be a squeeze.

Shouldn't you be more worried about the space at the swamp?

not sure your'e correct with the rag bit this time "X", he did say capacity crowd, i imagine rags would think that we cant fill it now let alone with expansion. By the way, i was sorry to leave home ( Maine Road ) but this is now becoming effing stupendous ;)

Back in the original thread, and repeated since, I suggested that they would want to remove the 'kink' in Ashton Road where the stadium gets closest.

That would however mean that some existing properties would need to be removed, including some housing.

I would think that that would happen in due course.

The removal of the council properties near Mary D's would only happen once there was alternative housing stock to move people into (again I mentioned this on the original Las Vegas thread).

I wonder if there is any possibility of ADUG ever having any flats/houses in the area to move people into?

alfabianchi said:
ManCityX said:
Space behind the stand

image.jpg

You've clearly never been to a game pal. If you had, you'd know a) there is plenty of room
B) we stagger the exit times of fans leaving the ground, some leave a good 15 mins before the end of the game, so no chance of it being a squeeze

fbloke said:
Back in the original thread, and repeated since, I suggested that they would want to remove the 'kink' in Ashton Road where the stadium gets closest.

That would however mean that some existing properties would need to be removed, including some housing.

The removal of the council properties near Mary D's would only happen once there was alternative housing stock to move people into (again I mentioned this on the original Las Vegas thread).

I wonder if there is any possibility of ADUG ever having any flats/houses in the area to move people into?

I seem to recall a recent post on this Forum that included a future view of Beswick to illustrate some Art Sculptures. These showed a dual carriageway in that area so probably there will be scope for removing the 'kink' when/if this road is built ?

SilverFox2 said:
fbloke said:

I seem to recall a recent post on this Forum that included a future view of Beswick to illustrate some Art Sculptures. These showed a dual carriageway in that area so probably there will be scope for removing the 'kink' when/if this road is built ?

It would make sense to have a cleaner and more attractive approach from that direction considering what it will look like from Alan Turing Way.

McFcMiKe7 said:
ColinLee said:
McFcMiKe7 said:
Not sure if it's posted, but I saw a video yesterday of Sky Sports saying that the stadium expansions is underway and this guy in it said that they are adding a few rows on the front. Has that been mentioned by the club yet? I've not seen it anywhere.
Already been and gone on the OS :- http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-new...ity-announce-second-phase-of-Etihad-expansion
Can't see anything on extending the front row, mate.
Seriously? The very first paragraph :-
Manchester City Football Club have today announced Phase Two of the Etihad Stadium expansion, which will see a further three rows of seats built pitchside and take total capacity to more than 55,000.
or are we talking about different things?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.