Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site (cont

it is most definitely gonna be the best stadium in the premier league and a stadium fit for top champions league nights!

Within the next ten years it will host a Champions league Final. Hopefully with us in the final.

chris63 said:
Looks good.

[video]http://youtu.be/9PQgL0ZvmnU[/video]

There's two existing roof supports that are still there when the build is finished. They are shown protruding from the new glass facia. What are they doing if the roof has been raised?

flyer said:
There's two existing roof supports that are still there when the build is finished. They are shown protruding from the new glass facia. What are they doing if the roof has been raised?

If I have it right, they are still needed to hold the 'cable net' (ie ring of cable) for the inner edge of the existing roof. Take them away and nothing is supporting the existing roof at that end of the ground. The new roof won't be tied into the old as such and doesn't support it.

flyer said:
chris63 said:
Looks good.

Holding up the present roof ring that holds up the front edge of the other three stands. The ring will remain in place until all the other stands have been modified and have a different roof support structure. On some of the images you can see the redundant but still supported front ring run across the new South stand a few meters below the edge of the new roof.

nmc said:
flyer said:
chris63 said:
Looks good.

Holding up the present roof ring that holds up the front edge of the other three stands. The ring will remain in place until all the other stands have been modified and have a different roof support structure. On some of the images you can see the redundant but still supported front ring run across the new South stand a few meters below the edge of the new roof.
All 4 stands? That's unlikely and if it happens is going to take decades

Marvin said:

I've just checked on Wiki and the Swamp was expanded over 11 years (1995-2006) from about 45,000 up to about 75,000.
I would envisage a similar timescale for The Etihad assuming our current levels of success are maintained. So maybe
we are looking at roundabout 2025?

Wilf Wild 1937 said:
Marvin said:

I've just checked on Wiki and the Swamp was expanded over 11 years (1995-2006) from about 45,000 up to about 75,000.
I would envisage a similar timescale for The Etihad assuming our current levels of success are maintained. So maybe

cant see it being 2025 until our maximum capacity has been reached almost 50% of the work will be completed by this time in 12 months, just leaving the corner sections and north stand which will take 12 months to complete if the ticket sales are a success as they forecast my bet is they will crack on with the north stand 16/17 or 17/18 season, project fully complete by august 2018, this is not taking into account any development to the east and Colin bell stands

marco said:
Wilf Wild 1937 said:
Marvin said:

cant see it being 2025 until our maximum capacity has been reached almost 50% of the work will be completed by this time in 12 months, just leaving the corner sections and north stand which will take 12 months to complete if the ticket sales are a success as they forecast my bet is they will crack on with the north stand 16/17 or 17/18 season, project fully complete by august 2018, this is not taking into account any development to the east and Colin bell stands

I think you just said a lot without saying anything. Surely you don't mean it will take 11 years to sell out the stadium?...

Marvin, initial plans for the sides are already in the design documentation. Please try not to post false information.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.