Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site (cont

It's mainly to avoid them throwing things at the supporters below.

BlueTG said:
noely said:
BlueTG said:
Again a small issue, but is anyone disappointed with the way they are going to spread the away supporters? Seems a bit daft to have them spread among three tiers, I'd love the bottom tier to be all City.

I actually think its a great Idea as they'll be loud enough for the fans either side to outsing them as when we've had operation one end or a poor away turn out the atmosphere has suffered as theres no fans to bounce off
But by having them in a thin section going up the tiers it'll prevent their players from hearing them
Its how its done in germany and they have great atmosphere
I did not know that.

Not sure how the new third tier toffs would cope with singing and even potentially standing up in between the 1st and 45th minutes of the halves ;)

on the third tier to the left of the away fans will be the £300 season ticket home support so I'd imagine the blues in there will be loud

Few points to make having spoken to someone Itk today.

One the programme is very very tight.

Two they have lowered the pitch 150mm in the past week. There is enough tolerance in the root zone and infrastructure in place to do this.

The contractor is negotiating the north stand as we speak. Economies of scale make it likely it will follow straight on.

The pillars on the lower concourse area are a Bit shit and ugly.

worsleyweb said:

Two they have lowered the pitch 150mm in the past week. There is enough tolerance in the root zone and infrastructure in place to do this.

The contractor is negotiating the north stand as we speak. Economies of scale make it likely it will follow straight on.

Could you elaborate on that last point?

Also, no work been done on the pitch yet.

ManCityX said:
worsleyweb said:

I bow to your comment on the pitch but the guy seemed pretty certain and actually said he saw them taking turf off. With regard to the columns they are apparently quite sizeable and about 2 metres back from the blockwork at the front of the concourse. Quite bulky. The chap was talking about 9 rows of seats also at the level in the corners in front of the louvres. I need to get my head around this further. Contractor working until 11 o'clock at night at present. Double shifts.

worsleyweb said:
ManCityX said:
worsleyweb said:

I bow to your comment on the pitch but the guy seemed pretty certain and actually said he saw them taking turf off. With regard to the columns they are apparently quite sizeable and about 2 metres back from the blockwork at the front of the concourse. Quite bulky. The chap was talking about 9 rows of seats also at the level in the corners in front of the louvres. I need to get my head around this further. Contractor working until 11 o'clock at night at present. Double shifts.

May have been in the last couple of days. Definitely hadn't happened earlier in the week going off ground tour photos. This is probably to aid the view for those on the new front rows.

Are these columns going in the present level one concourse then?

Could you elaborate on the 9 rows in the corner?

Thanks.

ManCityX said:
worsleyweb said:
ManCityX said:

May have been in the last couple of days. Definitely hadn't happened earlier in the week going off ground tour photos. This is probably to aid the view for those on the new front rows.

Was started Wednesday.

Are these columns going in the present level one concourse then?

Yes already going in. Far from ideal. A lot will be winging about them.

Could you elaborate on the 9 rows in the corner? There are almost going to be 4 tiers - I will do a mock up. A mini tier at slab level level 2.

Thanks.

Thanks.

Will be good to see a mock up. I bet these corner seats are temporary but done to a high standard within the current corner structure with the screens maintaining their current position.

Surely if you've got access to the legends lounge then you also have a seat "outside" with a perfectly good view...?

150mm equals a meagre 6 inches - not a great improvement for those in new rows Minus-A Minus-B and Minus-C

Even if the roof could hold the screens, they're sat under the 'semi-temporary' part of the new roof which joins the new end profile with the old side profile and will actually hide the multitude of ugly ironwork supporting those transient segments
southstand6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.