Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site (cont

Somewhere there are drawings, fly through videos and models of the completed stadium, collar site and wider work.

I would be quite happy to pay a whole pound to get to see that stuff.....

When's the grand opening of Phase 1?

Do not know if this has already been posted but I have just read that the capacity next season will be 1,000 seats less. To 46,300.
Because of the work on the South Stand.

Bluep*ss said:
Do not know if this has already been posted but I have just read that the capacity next season will be 1,000 seats less. To 46,300.
Because of the work on the South Stand.

Yep, all in the official video.

Again a small issue, but is anyone disappointed with the way they are going to spread the away supporters? Seems a bit daft to have them spread among three tiers, I'd love the bottom tier to be all City.

i'm no stadia engineer but i would have thought if they had started the front three rows of seats straight away then this phase would have been done for the start of this season therefore we would not have had to cut the attendance?

goat boy said:
I don't understand why they're not flying the screens off the roof, and use the corner space for more seats? They can't be that heavy, Shirley?

Because they don't want to fill the corners up yet?

Doing the corners has a bigger impact on the roof down the sides.

They also want the screens there and the roof isn't designed to have things hanging off it.

Depending on what they want done, some sort of corner work will be done when the sides are worked on.

BlueTG said:
Again a small issue, but is anyone disappointed with the way they are going to spread the away supporters? Seems a bit daft to have them spread among three tiers, I'd love the bottom tier to be all City.

I actually think its a great Idea as they'll be loud enough for the fans either side to outsing them as when we've had operation one end or a poor away turn out the atmosphere has suffered as theres no fans to bounce off
But by having them in a thin section going up the tiers it'll prevent their players from hearing them
Its how its done in germany and they have great atmosphere

noely said:
BlueTG said:

I actually think its a great Idea as they'll be loud enough for the fans either side to outsing them as when we've had operation one end or a poor away turn out the atmosphere has suffered as theres no fans to bounce off
But by having them in a thin section going up the tiers it'll prevent their players from hearing them
Its how its done in germany and they have great atmosphere
I did not know that.

Not sure how the new third tier toffs would cope with singing and even potentially standing up in between the 1st and 45th minutes of the halves ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.