Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

worsleyweb said:
Was told today that the extra seats at pitch level are happening of part of Laing orourkes initial contract.

Are they only doing the extra seats at pitch level behind the goals? Or will the East Stand be done? And if so, will people get moved down so that the new front row is still row A? (Or they could do it as A1 and A2 to avoid messing up everyone behind!) I don't fancy being forced down 2 rows! I'm just right as i am!!

kippaxkid74 said:
worsleyweb said:
Was told today that the extra seats at pitch level are happening of part of Laing orourkes initial contract.

Are they only doing the extra seats at pitch level behind the goals? Or will the East Stand be done? And if so, will people get moved down so that the new front row is still row A? (Or they could do it as A1 and A2 to avoid messing up everyone behind!) I don't fancy being forced down 2 rows! I'm just right as i am!!

Rows Zero and Minus A perhaps?

kippaxkid74 said:
worsleyweb said:

Or maybe they'll just re-label the rows starting from A and you'll be in the same seat with a different row letter?

kippaxkid74 said:
worsleyweb said:

People affected receive a treasure map and an enigma machine as there gifts with their season tickets !

xfajiq.jpg
<br /><br />-- Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:38 pm --<br /><br />
9is3us.jpg

The covered pitch, next to the shrowded one.

Mancini Manus Domini said:
Does anyone know if we still have plans to generate our own power on the Etihad Campus? I know there have been suggestions in the past regarding the possibility of wind turbines. Are we even looking at solar power now? I'm sure there must be some fracking ideas.

All The Campus's energy requirements will be met by the club using various forms of technology although PV was shelved a while back. There is already a partnership in place for this going forward with a leading player in the industry.

There are no plans to use shale gas and I doubt there ever will be

GXCity said:
Does anyone know if we still have plans to generate our own power on the Etihad Campus? I know there have been suggestions in the past regarding the possibility of wind turbines. Are we even looking at solar power now? I'm sure there must be some fracking ideas.

All The Campus's energy requirements will be met by the club using various forms of technology although PV was shelved a while back. There is already a partnership in place for this going forward with a leading player in the industry.

Thanks GX City.

I seem to recall the energy generation from the initial wind turbine idea was also going to provide power for local communities. Whatever is now in the pipeline is it just going to meet the needs of the campus or do we intend to generate any more, and sell it on?

All rain water will be harvested, stored and used to water the pitches, flush toilets etc. Solar panels were an option but not anymore I don't think, not sure about wind turbines.

GXCity said:

Thanks GX City.

I seem to recall the energy generation from the initial wind turbine idea was also going to provide power for local communities. Whatever is now in the pipeline is it just going to meet the needs of the campus or do we intend to generate any more, and sell it on?

The energy profile of a site such as ours will obviously have peaks and troughs throughout the day. The plan is to export any excess electricity and either recieve payment our supply the local community with discounted energy. I would imagine that FFP will dictate and we will simply sell to the highest payer. Thermal energy will be utilised on site and there are plans to ultimately link in to the City Centre district heating scheme in the future. Again this will enable us to create a further revenue stream.

GXCity said:
GXCity said:

Thanks GX City.

The energy profile of a site such as ours will obviously have peaks and troughs throughout the day. The plan is to export any excess electricity and either recieve payment our supply the local community with discounted energy. I would imagine that FFP will dictate and we will simply sell to the highest payer. Thermal energy will be utilised on site and there are plans to ultimately link in to the City Centre district heating scheme in the future. Again this will enable us to create a further revenue stream.
All interesting stuff. I just think with so much land to play with in the area we should be doing something to generate excess energy. The rewards will be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.