Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

City are excavating under Etihad currently to make a vast cavernous space for a nuclear reactor. Up and running by next Christmas. Contractor is the French Areva. This ITK info coming from the very top.

So far they've found some pieces of filthy red clothing hidden underground btw.

from memory and it was over 10 years ago - the top tiers hold 5500 each - 11,000 - middle tier 13,000 and bottom tier 14000 - that was the original plan - ended up slightly less with press and after seats were installed. segregation etc

The new seats at the bottom will add I think 4 rows at 720 per ring - so about 2900 - and then add 12800 total behind each goal and you have a peak of 63,200. Give or take 500 either way I wont be far out.

I spent the summer of 2003 counting those seats every day!

worsleyweb said:
from memory and it was over 10 years ago - the top tiers hold 5500 each - 11,000 - middle tier 13,000 and bottom tier 14000 - that was the original plan - ended up slightly less with press and after seats were installed. segregation etc

The new seats at the bottom will add I think 4 rows at 720 per ring - so about 2900 - and then add 12800 total behind each goal and you have a peak of 63,200. Give or take 500 either way I wont be far out.

14+13+11=38, the ground currently holds about 48?

thesilvalining said:
worsleyweb said:

14+13+11=38, the ground currently holds about 48?

Sorry typo I meant 24000 lower tier.

warpig said:
GXCity said:
The energy profile of a site such as ours will obviously have peaks and troughs throughout the day. The plan is to export any excess electricity and either recieve payment our supply the local community

is this via the feed in tariff (FIT)?

ps you were right about the panning app being plain sailing ;-)

The feed in tariff is for generation of 50kW or less. The generation installed on the Academy alone is already 10 times that amount.

The problem with export agreements is that you need to guarantee the amount you plan to export. On say a landfill site where 95% of the electricity produced is exported the £/kWh is pretty good. However on a site like ours the load demand will never create a situation where the export level is guaranteed due to the ever changing load profile. This unfortunately drops the £/kWh rate. The facilities are in place to export but I doubt it would ever be financially viable to do so.

If the club or ADUG want to pay for solar panels on my roof then I'd be happy for the cost of them to be repaid over say 20 years, along with any other savings going towards season ticket discounts and vouchers for the club shop.

City get increased revenue to help them meet FFP. The government gets more green energy for nothing. City or ADUG get their money back over the long term whilst converting oil money into green energy. I get to buy the latest City kit or that MCFC hoodie. Etihad could even sponsor my panels.

Mancini Manus Domini said:
If the club or ADUG want to pay for solar panels on my roof then I'd be happy for the cost of them to be repaid over say 20 years, along with any other savings going towards season ticket discounts and vouchers for the club shop.

City get increased revenue to help them meet FFP. The government gets more green energy for nothing. City or ADUG get their money back over the long term whilst converting oil money into green energy. I get to buy the latest City kit or that MCFC hoodie. Etihad could even sponsor my panels.

City will not be using solar energy to subsidise tickets or anything else. The club is still some way off breaking even and will look to maximise every income stream and minimise costs. Increased hospitality, energy companies and sponsorship deals are all designed to increase revenue.

We will continue to be charged as much as the club feel they can get away with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.