Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

tolmie's hairdoo said:
jrb said:
The general consensus on SSC is that Bruntwood are selling CIty Tower to invest in Alderley Park , which they've recently bought .

City Tower is also fully let, so is a very attractive proposition and investment.

What type of annual rental income could it reap for City.

United own the Manchester Airport freight terminal and that brings in a fortune for them which is also factored into the club's profits.

What if our owners bought it, the costs would not go towards FFPR, and we also got a sponsor for the building?

Are you sure about that freight terminal TH?

If they do own it and it makes profit then they cannot include them in their FFP calc's as a) its not part of the stadium sit b) it does not us the MUFC brand.

fbloke said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
jrb said:
The general consensus on SSC is that Bruntwood are selling CIty Tower to invest in Alderley Park , which they've recently bought .

City Tower is also fully let, so is a very attractive proposition and investment.

United own the Manchester Airport freight terminal and that brings in a fortune for them which is also factored into the club's profits.

What if our owners bought it, the costs would not go towards FFPR, and we also got a sponsor for the building?

If they do own it and it makes profit then they cannot include them in their FFP calc's as a) its not part of the stadium sit b) it does not us the MUFC brand.

I'm sure.

And ask yourself why they own it if it does not directly benefit the club?

It comes under MUFC property commercial arm.

Here's a reference to it back in 2011 on a United thread. Albeit, the freight terminal might be different to the one I was told about at the airport.

<a class="postlink" href="http://community.manutd.com/forums/p/163264/1496045.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://community.manutd.com/forums/p/16 ... 96045.aspx</a>

tolmie's hairdoo said:
fbloke said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

I'm sure.

Here's a reference to it back in 2011 on a United thread. Albeit, the freight terminal might be different to the one I was told about at the airport.

<a class="postlink" href="http://community.manutd.com/forums/p/163264/1496045.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://community.manutd.com/forums/p/16 ... 96045.aspx</a>

That's talking about a rail freight terminal that's next to the ground, isn't it? Which presumably qualifies for FFP for that reason.

kramer said:
flipmode said:
Have I missed something re City Tower? Is it being redeveloped into something much more sightly than the current eyesore that it is?

Rumours that interest has been expressed to the owners, Bruntwood, for the purchase of the building and that a delgation from an Arab state were in Manchester recently and attended the Derby Then its 2+2 =5 with repect to it being connected to City

It's not only our owners who are Arabs, Qatar have been rumoured to be sniffing around the rags in the past.

petrusha said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
fbloke said:

I'm sure.

That's talking about a rail freight terminal that's next to the ground, isn't it? Which presumably qualifies for FFP for that reason.
They are busy buying up land and property surrounding the stadium and the freight terminal mentioned will be the world freight terminal next to the go-kart place. They are very jealous of the Etihad Campus and long term are looking to create a United Square and gain control of food outlets, souvineer stalls etc that surround the ground by having their own private campus that they can prohibit others from using

The rail freight terminal is not quite as the one I had in mind when TH originally posted it.

The land grab they have been conducting for a decade or more was originally based on their desire to expand over the rail line but from what I understand that now wont happen.

They were also made to provide for more and more parking as part of the developments of OT.

I dont think they have the same options as City in creating a new attraction otherwise it would already have been talked about in their IPO plans etc

fbloke said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
jrb said:

Of course United own the freight terminal. Those prawn sandwiches need to be stored somewhere! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.