Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

cjhaz69 said:
GXCity said:
Mancini Manus Domini said:
All interesting stuff. I just think with so much land to play with in the area we should be doing something to generate excess energy. The rewards will be great.

You don't set out to purposely generate excess energy just simply to satisfy your own requirements. It all depends on the market conditions. It may be more beneficial to scale down the generation during periods of low demand. The financial benifits are not really significant unless you are a major generator. In certain situations it could actually end up costing you to export the electricity.

-- Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:19 pm --

kippaxblue76 said:
Any idea why the solar panels were scrapped GX ?

The capital investment payback ratio. You are looking at 20 year plus payback for PV. Other technologies are 3 - 7 years.

I don't want to upset the apple cart but whoever gave you those PV figures is miles out, I have run some figures through my sma inventor software which I use on a daily basis, if City were to fit a moderate for them system at 200kw it would cost £240000 fully installed and commisioned, would generate approx 178000kwh per annum, the annual return based on only 50% usage would be 10.2p usage £12400. Bill reduction @.14p per kWh £16800 and export @4.77p £5724 so the total annual benefit would be £34924 per year which is index linked to the RPI so year 1 would be the smallest return so the payback would be 6 years at the most, all the PV systems we have fitted in the last 2 years are all out performing the software as it has to be conservative! I think someone at city needs to look at this again ( or give me a call ;) )
Chris

Wow!

I might give you a call Chris.

I'm sure you could save me a few bob on my Gas and Electric bills. :-)

The bridge - what if it gets filled with graffiti by rag fans?

cjhaz69 said:
I don't want to upset the apple cart but whoever gave you those PV figures is miles out, I have run some figures through my sma inventor software which I use on a daily basis, if City were to fit a moderate for them system at 200kw it would cost £240000 fully installed and commisioned, would generate approx 178000kwh per annum, the annual return based on only 50% usage would be 10.2p usage £12400. Bill reduction @.14p per kWh £16800 and export @4.77p £5724 so the total annual benefit would be £34924 per year which is index linked to the RPI so year 1 would be the smallest return so the payback would be 6 years at the most, all the PV systems we have fitted in the last 2 years are all out performing the software as it has to be conservative!
Couldn't agree more.

jrb said:
cjhaz69 said:
GXCity said:
You don't set out to purposely generate excess energy just simply to satisfy your own requirements. It all depends on the market conditions. It may be more beneficial to scale down the generation during periods of low demand. The financial benifits are not really significant unless you are a major generator. In certain situations it could actually end up costing you to export the electricity.

-- Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:19 pm --

The capital investment payback ratio. You are looking at 20 year plus payback for PV. Other technologies are 3 - 7 years.

I don't want to upset the apple cart but whoever gave you those PV figures is miles out, I have run some figures through my sma inventor software which I use on a daily basis, if City were to fit a moderate for them system at 200kw it would cost £240000 fully installed and commisioned, would generate approx 178000kwh per annum, the annual return based on only 50% usage would be 10.2p usage £12400. Bill reduction @.14p per kWh £16800 and export @4.77p £5724 so the total annual benefit would be £34924 per year which is index linked to the RPI so year 1 would be the smallest return so the payback would be 6 years at the most, all the PV systems we have fitted in the last 2 years are all out performing the software as it has to be conservative! I think someone at city needs to look at this again ( or give me a call ;) )
Chris

Wow!

I might give you a call Chris.

I'm sure you could save me a few bob on my Gas and Electric bills. :-)

You should! Domestic 4kw system £5995 fitted, approx £750-£800 per annum tax free for 20 years, a bit like signing messi it's a no brainier ;)

Bluster said:
If the club or ADUG want to pay for solar panels on my roof then I'd be happy for the cost of them to be repaid over say 20 years, along with any other savings going towards season ticket discounts and vouchers for the club shop.

City get increased revenue to help them meet FFP. The government gets more green energy for nothing. City or ADUG get their money back over the long term whilst converting oil money into green energy. I get to buy the latest City kit or that MCFC hoodie. Etihad could even sponsor my panels.

City will not be using solar energy to subsidise tickets or anything else. The club is still some way off breaking even and will look to maximise every income stream and minimise costs. Increased hospitality, energy companies and sponsorship deals are all designed to increase revenue.

We will continue to be charged as much as the club feel they can get away with.
Who comes up with this PV or wind turbine bollocks? Both are sources of micro-generation and are pretty useless. As someone who works in an industry which has to deal with such devices regularly I will never understand why people waste so much time and money on such minuscule, inefficient devices. As Chris articulates it perfectly - there just 'eco bling' like a beautiful woman but no brain or personality.

If City want to make some serious money from providing energy they would build some CHP boilers which can provide electricity and heating for the surrounding district. Not too dissimilar from what the Co-op have done at Angel Square - you know the beehive like building near Victoria station which emits white smoke from flues at the top of the building.

ste.sully said:
Bluster said:
If the club or ADUG want to pay for solar panels on my roof then I'd be happy for the cost of them to be repaid over say 20 years, along with any other savings going towards season ticket discounts and vouchers for the club shop.

City get increased revenue to help them meet FFP. The government gets more green energy for nothing. City or ADUG get their money back over the long term whilst converting oil money into green energy. I get to buy the latest City kit or that MCFC hoodie. Etihad could even sponsor my panels.

City will not be using solar energy to subsidise tickets or anything else. The club is still some way off breaking even and will look to maximise every income stream and minimise costs. Increased hospitality, energy companies and sponsorship deals are all designed to increase revenue.

We will continue to be charged as much as the club feel they can get away with.
Who comes up with this PV or wind turbine bollocks? Both are sources of micro-generation and are pretty useless. As someone who works in an industry which has to deal with such devices regularly I will never understand why people waste so much time and money on such minuscule, inefficient devices. As Chris articulates it perfectly - there just 'eco bling' like a beautiful woman but no brain or personality.

If City want to make some serious money from providing energy they would build some CHP boilers which can provide electricity and heating for the surrounding district. Not too dissimilar from what the Co-op have done at Angel Square - you know the beehive like building near Victoria station which emits white smoke from flues at the top of the building.

Couldn't agree more Ste, I was only setting the figures on PV straight, our clients serious money making is on commercial biomass, the renewable heat incentive payments are crazy!

jrb said:
ETIHAD_BRIDGE_NEWS.jpg

Thats quite striking, 4 stadia in a row. I do wonder what the long term plan is for the athletics stadium? I wonder if it will make way for more big development once the other spaces are filled.

IrelandSuperman said:
Do we have any obligation to MCC to keep it there?

I don't think so...some talk of relocating it. Looking at that picture the collar site doesn't look that big - you quickly find yourself drawn to Asda and it's car park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.