Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site (cont

Questy said:
ColinLee said:
Questy said:
Its all about giving yourselves the best chance you can possibly have and City are trying to give their players the best they can too make it as a team, by giving them quality and professionally run facilities it sure as hell is not going to do them any harm.

I Breed Greyhounds and give my Pups the Best Chance off success by giving them the best I can with what Facilities I have too offer and what Diet I can provide them, obviously I cannot give them a faster Engine than what they are born with but I sure as hell can nurture that Engine and make sure they get the maximum out off it, this applies too Players, obviously they come in with the Ability and its about nurturing that Talent and bringing it too its peak on the Pitch, very easy too lose that edge by bad management on any level off a players career.
Do all the capital letters you use form an anagram? Can you give us a clue because I can't see it. ;)

God knows why I do that, but its not the 1st time and sure it wont be the last time, next time though I may try some form of AnAgRaM ;-)

Is the answer Am An Rag?

LOL

If the Academy attracts a young lad who turns out to be a Superstar - World Player of the Year then the ROI will be huge. Plus all the the world class, PL class, Championship standard players. It's not hard to see the Academy being a fantastic investment.

The best young players will be attracted by the best facilities and coaches.

Just imagine producing our own Messi and what that would mean to the club both in terms of on the field and off.

mcfcinprague said:
Questy said:
ColinLee said:
Do all the capital letters you use form an anagram? Can you give us a clue because I can't see it. ;)

God knows why I do that, but its not the 1st time and sure it wont be the last time, next time though I may try some form of AnAgRaM ;-)

Is the answer Am An Rag?

LOL

Or 'A rag man'?

loving the fact that the hook blocks on the select tower cranes that are being erected were told that rather than the traditional red and white chevrons on them that they must be blue and white? just been told of my mate this morning who is driving the ainscough mobile crane erecting the latest one...

1.618034 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Marvin said:
Do you think training at the new complex will be radically different at the new complex?

Aren't we overstating the importance of the Training Ground? We have very good facilities already

Well I'm sure the mew facilities are better, but it's hard to visualise a return on the investment apart from as a FFP dodge. The thought crosses my mind about the other clubs bought, too.
"FFP dodge"?

Is that you Arsene?

Much as I think that Arsene was just being a mischievous little scamp with his latest dig at City I do find it odd that so many people see the setting up of overseas clubs like NYFC purely in the context of the PL and FFP.

If it was the case that City set up NYFC primarily as a 'patsy' club to either charge big fees for youth players or get top talent off our books and onto NYFC's or some other equally nefarious and dastardly wheeze then it must have been a hell of a sales pitch by the suits at MCFC when they pitched up in New York to persuade the NY Yankees to take up a 20% share in a 'club' whose primary purpose is to game FFP for the sole benefit of MCFC. Its not as if a New York Baseball team gives a fuck about FFP or any problems City may have with it. The same would apply to the Melbourne Storm people who co own Melbourne City.

That we have managed to get two major sporting organisations to take a stake in the new clubs would indicate to even the most one eyed media hack that there is much more to this then a plot to subvert FFP. Its not as if Ferran is even shy about all of this given he pops up at some business conference every 6 months or so to explain what City are about and the plans going forward. Does anyone listen? No. Instead all we get is major bed wetting about a 36 y/o player being loaned to City for 6 months while the real story goes unnoticed. Talk about hiding in plain sight.

Clubs are becoming every more creative in ways to make money, regardless of FFP, but FFP certainly adds tot he incentive to be creative.
It's an inevitable consequence of creating rules, that people will then find a way around them.

People see this as a bad thing - 'getting around the rules', but that's precisely what rules do. UEFA have said 'These behaviours are not allowed', and therefore they encourage you to find ways of making money outside of those rules.

As for the academy being an FFP dodge, well in a sense it is, but only in part.

1) Infrastructure spend is not counted towards FFP, therefore in theory you can spend 400 million on the infrastructure, and earn 10 million a year in renting out the facilities, or cost savings etc (thus would take 40 years to pay for itself), but the 10 million you earn IS counted as part of your revenue.
So in essence you can create some amazing white elephant sports facility and still count the minimal return is makes.

2) It's a genuine facility, and in theory will save us money when compared with the current facilities.

3) It's a top notch facility that players will welcome, and hopefully flourish in, and it should help us attract more young players. Make no mistake, it's not going to result in a team full of academy graduates, but it MIGHT increase our odds of picking up one or two top class prospects capable of making the first team, or being sold for a healthy profit.
This is NOT a bad thing for youth players. They get fantastic facilities, and a chance of ending up at a top club, even if it's not City.
And of course, the harsh reality of football means that many won't make it. But this is football. Many won't make it at Oldham Athletic either.

FanchesterCity said:
Clubs are becoming every more creative in ways to make money, regardless of FFP, but FFP certainly adds tot he incentive to be creative.
It's an inevitable consequence of creating rules, that people will then find a way around them.

People see this as a bad thing - 'getting around the rules', but that's precisely what rules do. UEFA have said 'These behaviours are not allowed', and therefore they encourage you to find ways of making money outside of those rules.

1) Infrastructure spend is not counted towards FFP, therefore in theory you can spend 400 million on the infrastructure, and earn 10 million a year in renting out the facilities, or cost savings etc (thus would take 40 years to pay for itself), but the 10 million you earn IS counted as part of your revenue.
So in essence you can create some amazing white elephant sports facility and still count the minimal return is makes.

2) It's a genuine facility, and in theory will save us money when compared with the current facilities.

3) It's a top notch facility that players will welcome, and hopefully flourish in, and it should help us attract more young players. Make no mistake, it's not going to result in a team full of academy graduates, but it MIGHT increase our odds of picking up one or two top class prospects capable of making the first team, or being sold for a healthy profit.
This is NOT a bad thing for youth players. They get fantastic facilities, and a chance of ending up at a top club, even if it's not City.
And of course, the harsh reality of football means that many won't make it. But this is football. Many won't make it at Oldham Athletic either.

I'm glad someone gets it. That's exactly how I see it. A big investment that will have to yield big returns to get close to a ROI. The cash up front (is it£100m ?) is one thing but it's going to cost £10m a year or so to run, so in ten years it needs to have generated £200m (or whatever the figure is)

That's obviously taking the FFP implications out of it, which I agree are a factor.

FanchesterCity said:

You just posted that. Groundhog day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.