Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site (continue

Thank you to all that have contributed pic's etc to the various versions of this thread. Still makes my hair stand up when I read it.

Re: Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

GXCity said:
ste.sully said:
Bluster said:
City will not be using solar energy to subsidise tickets or anything else. The club is still some way off breaking even and will look to maximise every income stream and minimise costs. Increased hospitality, energy companies and sponsorship deals are all designed to increase revenue.

We will continue to be charged as much as the club feel they can get away with.
Who comes up with this PV or wind turbine bollocks? Both are sources of micro-generation and are pretty useless. As someone who works in an industry which has to deal with such devices regularly I will never understand why people waste so much time and money on such minuscule, inefficient devices. As Chris articulates it perfectly - there just 'eco bling' like a beautiful woman but no brain or personality.

If City want to make some serious money from providing energy they would build some CHP boilers which can provide electricity and heating for the surrounding district. Not too dissimilar from what the Co-op have done at Angel Square - you know the beehive like building near Victoria station which emits white smoke from flues at the top of the building.

There are already 2 CHP's installed in the Academy Energy Centre although this is currently to meet the demand on that particular part of the Campus. Further CHP's are planned and will indeed be linked into a wider district heating scheme in due course (City will have an internal district heating scheme for the Campus feeding the various developments). Potentially they may be linked to the City Centre district heating scheme currently under discussion. CHP's have already been installed in the Town Hall extension as part of this scheme and further ones have been proposed. The largest of which could be located in the GMEX.
As I suspected GX. The ill-informed wind turbine and solar panel (photovoltaics actually) debate was getting nauseous!

If anyone is interested?

Executive meetings, agendas and minutes

Tuesday, 08 April 2014

•Item 8 - Eastlands Community Plan Update (Download Report. 52.29 KB)
•Item 13 - Beswick Community Hub Update (Download Report. 66.55 KB)

Interestingly the Etihad Campus Community Engagement Strategy has been withdrawn.

•Item 9 - Etihad Campus Community Engagement Strategy - This item has been withdrawn from the agenda

I'm going to phone up tomorrow and find out why it has, and if it will be available in the future? I have a contact name.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchester.gov.uk/meetings/meeting/2293/executive" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchester.gov.uk/meetings/m ... /executive</a>

•Item 9 - Etihad Campus Community Engagement Strategy - This item has been withdrawn from the agenda

Quick update.

The report was withdrawn as it wasn't ready in time. It should be ready next month.

I am sure this has been posted before, but just for comparison purposes as to how much has changed at our club, who remembers being excited at the prospect of this?
images

Re: Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Bluep*ss said:
fbloke said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Apart from the roads, the flora and fauna, the river

We have canals, the Medlock and Phillips Park ;-)

I hope that the river and canals will be 'dredged' in the future OR we could have a 'Somerset Levels' scenario. - land is rather flat.
What fauna can he see?

AJ71 said:
I am sure this has been posted before, but just for comparison purposes as to how much has changed at our club, who remembers being excited at the prospect of this?
images

Yes I remember that, and funnily enough, I was clearing out the garage at the weekend and found a framed photo of an aerial view of Maine Road. Whilst I have 40 years of fond memories of the place, I thought, that really did turn into something like the house that Jack built - or rather, Pete and Franny. We lost some atmosphere, but got a fantastic ground in the Etihad.

AJ71 said:
images

That one was a bit before my time but I had this one on my wall as a kid and yep I was pretty excited!

pieinthesky_stadium.jpg

AJ71 said:
images

Loving the headline. :-)

F*** me, Swales didn't have six grand, never mind 6 million pounds.

jrb said:
AJ71 said:
images

Loving the headline. :-)

F*** me, Swales didn't have six grand, never mind 6 million pounds.
Yep, didn't Trevor Francis' sale pay for the main stand roof, then he ran out of money.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.