Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site (cont

warpig said:
Out of interest, what do you not like about the emirates? Best ground in the league IMO, just ahead of st James park .
Have you ever sat at the front in the away end, its one of the shiitiest views in the league imho, and its not that great further back, the angle of the lower tier is awful, ours is far better (though it might not be with these new rows).

Having been to the emirates several times, I think its crap, it might look real nice, but in the lower tier its bang average.

cleavers said:
warpig said:
Out of interest, what do you not like about the emirates? Best ground in the league IMO, just ahead of st James park .
Have you ever sat at the front in the away end, its one of the shiitiest views in the league imho, and its not that great further back, the angle of the lower tier is awful, ours is far better (though it might not be with these new rows).

Having been to the emirates several times, I think its crap, it might look real nice, but in the lower tier its bang average.

Sit in the bottom row at any stadium in world football and I would hazard a guess the view would be petty crap.

warpig said:
cleavers said:
warpig said:

Sit in the bottom row at any stadium in world football and I would hazard a guess the view would be petty crap.
I've never been below row 7, so not talking row 1, its crap, and I don't like the stupid cinema style seats either :)

cleavers said:
warpig said:
cleavers said:

I've never been below row 7, so not talking row 1, its crap, and I don't like the stupid cinema style seats either :)

Tbf, row 7 is probably referred to as economy upper at old Trafford ;-)

Ok, il flip this on its head, what do you rate as top 5 premier league grounds.

What's the next significant development in the construction?

City said in advance of the Liverpool game that temporary roof cover for the corners would be in place for the Chelsea game. Perhaps they'll be partly visible on Saturday? Incidentally Saturday's weather looks good at the moment

Marvin said:
What's the next significant development in the construction?

City said in advance of the Liverpool game that temporary roof cover for the corners would be in place for the Chelsea game. Perhaps they'll be partly visible on Saturday? Incidentally Saturday's weather looks good at the moment
I don't think they'll of had enough time to do much work in the past 4 days, after saturday there is a 3 week gap of home games until the Chelsea game so can see quite a bit of work happening in that gap,

warpig said:
cleavers said:
warpig said:

Got to agree with cleavers, when I'm in the Emirates I am expecting someone to hand me 3D glasses and popcorn. Doesn't feel like a football ground and is far too spacious. The best grounds find a balance between the ridiculous lack of room at the swamp and the fully reclining cinema seats in the Emirates. The top 5 for me are St James Park (if you can see the opposite end cross bar!!!), Stamford Bridge, Villa Park, Stadium of Light and either Britannia or Boleyn - for in and out the ground the Boleyn. Love Craven Cottage but obviously out the prem now.

supercity88 said:
warpig said:
cleavers said:

Got to agree with cleavers, when I'm in the Emirates I am expecting someone to hand me 3D glasses and popcorn. Doesn't feel like a football ground and is far too spacious. The best grounds find a balance between the ridiculous lack of room at the swamp and the fully reclining cinema seats in the Emirates. The top 5 for me are St James Park (if you can see the opposite end cross bar!!!), Stamford Bridge, Villa Park, Stadium of Light and either Britannia or Boleyn - for in and out the ground the Boleyn. Love Craven Cottage but obviously out the prem now.

taking that on board, you still rate the Britannia over the emirates?? and What about anfield? That would be third on my list, villa park 4th Personally speaking, I find stadium of light seating extremely cramped. That may just be me though

The look and feel of the stadium will be very much improved once these developments are completed.

Some of the seats will be sub-prime but that goes for almost all stadiums above 45k from my experience.

The original design of COMS proved that.

I think that once we see the size of the new stand becomes more obvious and the glass starts to go in we will all get a real buzz from it.

Safe standing is becoming a real possibility.

If introduced it is likely to be applied to tier 1 at the Etihad. In which case, the additional front rows will come into their own with great pitchside views close to the action. This should make for a better atmosphere and more be intimidating for the opposition as well as giving the increase in capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.